32- Birthday Cake

Nora's P.O.V.

Brady came over at 9am like planned and spent the rest of the day with me. When he got home that night, that's when all the questions started for him.

Even Kassidy, Jenna and Carrie Ann were texting me about Brady. Kassidy should realize this by now I'm the queen of secrecy and right now Brady and I didn't want to share anything about our kiss.

It's been a week since the bonfire and Brady and I have been spending every moment we possibly could with each other.

I haven't been wearing my hat around Brady, hoping he would finally figure out who I am on his own. I was struggling, trying to find ways to bring it up but every time I thought I worked up enough courage to go through with it, I'd end up backing out.

That voice in my head screamed, 'you're leaving' in a few months, how would a long distance relationship work?

Brady was different and I knew he liked me for me, and not my fame or money. Now I just had to see how he could handle my busy and hectic life before anything more continued between us.

I was really being selfish though. I liked Brady a lot and I liked kissing him even more. I enjoyed his company and was scared of losing that but knew it needed to be done.

"Ellie, just be careful." Brady warned as I walked over to Onyx.

Today was the first day I was going to try and ride him. After Brady's surgery, Jake and the others continued working with Onyx with riding and his commands. One of the days when I was with Brady I brought Charlie out too. It took three days for Onyx to fully relax, knowing Charlie wasn't a threat and they were even starting to run together in the fenced area.

"Hey Onyx." I gave him a treat, before running my hand up and down his face. "Be nice to me." I leaned down and kissed his nose before walking slowly to Greg while Jake stood in front.

"Are you nervous?"

I smiled and shook my head. "No. Not even a little bit."

"I know we've had you riding on my horse and we've gone over this numerous times but Brady will kill us if you get hurt so... please be careful."

"I will."

"If what we showed you to do if he starts bucking doesn't work and you need to get off, we will be there to help."

"Okay."

I put my left foot in the stirrup. Greg grabbed a hold of my boot with one hand and the other around my waist for extra and pulled myself up without any problems. Grabbing the reins, I wrapped my right leg around Onyx, hooked my other foot in the stirrup and slowly sat down.

"Good boy." Onyx was doing good. He slowly started backing up, unsure of what was going on but Brady gave me a few instructions that I followed, getting Onyx to instantly settle again. I pet his side, letting him know I was there and hopefully he knew I wouldn't hurt him.

I watched Jake and Matt get on their horses too, in case I had troubles but Onyx was doing well. He blew air out of his nose as he started walking forward, which made me smile. All of my grandparents' books on horses tell me that blowing was a sign and he was happy.

I ran him back and forth in the fenced in area with Jake and Matt following close behind.

"Are you having fun?" Jake asked, coming up a long side of me.

"Yes. It brings back memories of riding with Henry. Why is this such a freeing experience?"

"I don't know, but I agree. One reason we all love this job so much."