8- Rain check

Nora's P.O.V.

I thought it would be a good idea to head to the grocery store while I was in town because once I got to the ranch, I didn't plan on leaving unless I had to.

I walked around, grabbing everything I could possibly think of that I would need before I headed over to the liquor department.

It was Monday and surprisingly not very busy in town.

I got to the checkouts and started putting my stuff up. "How are you doing today?" The older cashier lady asked.

"Good, thank you. How's your day going?"

"No complaints at all. You new around here?"

"Just visiting for a while."

"It's a wonderful town. I think you'll love it here."

"I know I will." I handed her some cash to pay. "Does this town have any fast food restaurants?"

"A few towns over. Otherwise we have a wonderful diner down the road or a cowboy bar named The TwoStep that sells the best burgers around. I highly recommend that place."

"Perfect. Thank you."

I really didn't want to sit down anywhere but my stomach was killing me. I was hungry and knew I would be busy cleaning and bringing my things in when I got to the ranch so the last thing I wanted to do was cook something for myself.

I drove past what looked to be a few places to eat, one of them being the diner the cashier talked about but they all looked busy. I typed in The TwoStep in my GPS and it was surprising the way I was already heading so I decided to try that place.

I pulled up to the bar and saw three vehicles in the whole parking lot.

Perfect.

I got out and looked around as I adjusted my hat again. Locking my car, I headed up to the bar. The door chimed as I opened it and I saw a woman around my age, working.

No one else in sight... Even better.

She smiled at me, "Hi. What can I get you?"

I smiled back and started walking forward when I noticed people in the corner of my eye. I turned to see six, very handsome men wearing cowboy hats, staring my way.

Well shit.

Four of them tipped their hats and smiled my way, while another smiled then looked away towards the others. It was the last guy... his eyes burning into mine that got to me. My heart sped up and I felt my body heat up as his eyes stayed locked with mine.

I didn't need any of them coming over so I did the best annoyed look I could muster up, rolled my eyes and headed over to the lady behind the counter.

"Hi." I said as I sat down at the bar. "So, the lady at the grocery store told me you guys have the best burgers in town."

"I might be modest since this is my bar but they really are. What would you like?"

"What's your most popular one?" I asked.

"The Montana cowboy."

"Of course it is." I said, making the bartender laugh. "I'll have one of those. Along with a shot of whiskey and a beer, please."

"Would you like fries too?"

"Yes. Thank you."

"Perfect. The grill is already warm so it shouldn't take too long. I'll get your food going and then I'll be right back with your drinks."