19 | While He Is Away {His Pov}

MASON
"You alright Mase?" Jack asked "You've been quiet all day" Phil added "He's probably missing Rosie" Ben teased, I playfully hit his arm, making him hit me back. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, making me smile. I had been waiting for the past few hours to hear from Rosalyn about her doctor's appointment earlier. As I walked away from the boys and pulled my phone out, I saw her name on the screen. I quickly unlocked it to reveal her message 'Hey Mase, check out our little lad. He's gotten bigger! We love you xx'. My smile grew as I clicked on the photo attached. It was the latest ultrasound. She was right; he had grown, but he is still so small. I touched the screen lightly with my finger in awe of seeing our baby "Is that him?" Declan asked quietly over my shoulder. I nodded, not trusting my voice. I turned the phone to show Declan the ultrasound photo. He smiled, eyes lighting up "That's amazing Mase. I can't believe he's growing inside Rosie" Declan whispered. I smiled and sent Rosalyn a reply 'He's adorable. I can't wait to meet him. Love you both. Lou x'.

JACK
"Just go boys, I'm waiting to speak to Sophie," I said, getting annoyed "Tell Soph we said hi and hope she and the baby are doing well" Ben added, as he dragged the boys out of the room. I sat at the small table and excitedly waited in front of my computer. Within minutes, the room filled with ringing "J" She squealed happily as I accepted the Skype call "Hi baby" I smiled "How are you feeling? Is the little one behaving?" She smiled and adjusted the screen a little "They get wiggly sometimes; like right now" She placed a hand on her rounded stomach "And I've been craving pancakes again" My smile fell; I wanted nothing more than to be at home with her, to hold her in my arms and feel the Little movements of our baby "J" She said snapping me out of my thoughts "I have something to show you" She slowly lifted a small piece of paper and brought it towards the camera "28 weeks" She whispered. My eyes traced the photo, hoping to remember every little detail "It's perfect baby" I said, tearing up a little.

GARETH
"GARETH" I groaned when I heard knocking on my door. I slowly got out of bed and opened the hotel room door "Hey Aaron" I said sitting down on the bed, rubbing my eyes tiredly "You alright G?" He asked sitting beside me. I nodded, then looked up at him and quickly shook my head "Kim called me last night" I paused "She couldn't sleep, the baby was kicking and she sounded so uncomfortable and upset" Aaron wrapped his arm around my shoulders "I know it's hard being away from her; both of them, but you will be home soon" He encouraged. I smiled weakly "How do you do it? I mean, leaving Colleen and Sonny at home?" I asked. He sighed, removing his arm and resting his hands in his lap "It's harder now that she's that little bit older and asks for me. But I love speaking to them both on the phone or via Skype. Their smiles make my day" He explained "Just think, when you get home, it won't be long until you get to meet little Bale" I smiled at the thought "Thanks, Aaron. It just breaks my heart hearing her like that"

DECLAN
"Here with us now is Mason Mount, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, and Declan Rice. Welcome back boys" The interviewer said, making the audience go crazy "Thank you for having us" Jack replied "It's good to be here" Declan added. I sat quietly between Mason and Ben, listening to her ask questions "So congratulations on your latest win" She smiled "Thanks, we are very happy with it" Mason replied "We worked hard on it. We are glad that the fans love it" Phil added "And Declan, you're going to become a dad. Congratulations. How are you feeling?" She asked. I blushed as everyone turned their attention to me "I'm so excited, I can't explain it" My smile grew wider "I still can't believe that I'm going to be a dad; that Christina is pregnant. Not long now" The audience awwed at my answer "And Christina, how is she? Being pregnant is hard work, let alone carrying twins" She continued "I know twins, it's crazy. She is so strong and incredible" I said before Mason cut me off "Declan does everything he can to make sure she's comfortable and safe. And makes her feel beautiful"