38 | Holding Them For The First Time

MASON
The midwife was taking your baby's weight and things like that with the equipment that she had brought. Mason was helping your tired body into some clothes. You rested your hands on his shoulders as he helped you slip on some pants. He picked you up and brought you to the now cleaned-up bed since you were still very very sore. The midwife brought Zachary over and asked which one of you wanted to hold him first "You go Mase" You say happily. You know how long he's been waiting for this and he's probably the only person that could have been more excited for this baby than you. His eyes widen "Really? Are you sure?" He asks. You smile and nod. The midwife places the newborn in his arms, and he just feels such a strong love for Zachary that is unexplainable "Hi buddy" Mason says softly, as silent tears fill his eyes.

JACK
You lay in your bed, eyes dropping from the tiredness and exhaustion from birth.
You couldn't sleep, at least not yet. Your baby boy hasn't come back in the room yet, and you wanted to see him so badly, Last half an hour later, a nurse came in, and came in with a bassinet on the wheels. She smiled as she brought Brody in and saw your eyes light up. Jack came over and sat next to you on the bed as she placed your baby in your arms "He's perfect" Jack said.

GARETH
After you gave birth to Efa, they took her into the nursery so they could weigh her, and clean her up. When they brought her back in, they brought her over to you and placed her in your arms. Gareth smiled brightly, and took his phone out to take a picture of you two "Hi baby" You say, admiring the new life that you and Gareth have been waiting so long for "She's adorable" Gareth says "Gonna be a heartbreaker aren't you my little girl?" You smile, and peck Gareth on the cheek "Love you Gar" You say "Love you too babe"

DECLAN
After your C-section, they closed you up and took you into your room. Declan stayed with you the whole time, making sure you didn't need anything while you waited for the babies. He was laying next to you, while you slept. Two nurses came in with two sleeping babies "Darling?" Declan says, lightly putting his hand on your arm. You open your eyes, to see the smiling nurses. You sit up slowly, waiting to be handed a baby. You get Olive, while Declan gets Saffron "They're beautiful" Declan says, rubbing his thumb over the soft skin of her cheek.