48 | First Date After Having Baby

MASON
"Zach is fine," Mason said, placing his hand on your knee under the table "Mum is looking after him, remember?
She loves him so much and won't let anything happen to him" You nodded and put your hand on his "I know Mase, it's just different, not being with him; not hearing him cry through the monitor or little noises when we hold him" You explained, cheeks turning a little pink out of embarrassment. Mason chuckled and pressed a kiss to your cheek "I love it when you blush, even after all these years" He whispered "And you look beautiful tonight love" You smiled and went to open your mouth but the waiter returned with your meals. As Mason started eating, you bit your lip and reached for your phone out of your bag. You clicked the screen and sighed as there were no messages or missed calls; not knowing if it was a good or bad thing "Rosalyn Haddock" Mason said jokingly angry "Do you want me to text mum and ask how Zach is? Then will you enjoy the night with me" He whined. You smiled warmly and nodded. He rolled his eyes, before getting his phone out of his pocket and sending his mum a quick message. Moments later she replied. You quickly took his phone and smiled at her reply 'Little Zach is fast sleep. Having a cuddle with nana xx
Mum' "Believe me now boo?" He smiled.

JACK
"There are two bottles in the fridge, you just have to warm them up" You explained, looking around the kitchen "Oh and the numbers for the doctor and hospital are here by the phone" You tapped the sticky note on the counter "Also Phil's number if you can't get hold of us" You sighed and put your hands on your hips, as you thought of anything else "Brody should go to sleep easily, He had an early nap so should be tired.
Everything is in his nursery, if you-" You rumbled on before your mum grabbed your hands "Darling, just breath ok" She squeezed your hand calmingly "I know how to look after a baby. I raised you didn't I?" You smiled, feeling a little embarrassed "I'm just a little anxious about leaving him" You said softly. You looked up as you heard footsteps approaching the kitchen "Look who is awake" Jack chuckled, walking to you "Hi Brody" Your mum cooed and reached out for her grandson "You look gorgeous baby girl" Jack said, kissing your temple "We should be going, don't want to be late for our reservation" You sighed and looked down Kaiden in her arms "Goodbye Brod, be a good boy for nana" You said softly and kissed his head "Go on, you two have a good night, we will be fine. Won't we Brod?" She cooed and followed you to the door "Don't worry about us"

GARETH
"Are you ok Gar?" You asked, looking across the car at Gareth "You haven't said much since we left the restaurant" He sighed and looked at you briefly, before back to the road. He reached over the console for your hand, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles "I'm just thinking about Efa, that's all" He replied "I had a lovely night with you tonight sweetheart" He smiled and pulled into your driveway. He climbed out of the car and ran around to the passenger side, opening your door "We'll have to do it again sometime" He chuckled and placed his hand on your lower back "I enjoyed it too Gar. Nice to get out and do grown-up things, have a meal without being interrupted" You explained as you walked to the house "But I missed our little girl" He kissed your forehead, before opening the door. Dani walked out of the kitchen and smiled "How was your night?" She asked "Very nice to have Gareth to myself but-" You paused hearing footsteps run up the stairs. You giggled and followed Gareth. You walked into the nursery and smiled. He was standing beside her crib with Sammy, both looking down at the little girl "Thanks mate for tonight, how was she?" Gareth asked. Sammy smiled and kept his eyes on his niece "She was perfect Gareth; a total sweetheart" He replied, making Gareth smile proudly.

DECLAN
"Thank you, the meal was delicious," You said to the waitress, as she cleared away your plates. You took another sip of your drink as you looked at Declan across the small table. He was watching you, with a big smile on his face "What Dec?" You asked, blushing under his stare "I was just-" He stopped as the waitress returned "Would you another drink or something of dessert?" She asked. You looked at the menu and then at the dessert display across the room. As much as you wanted to stay out longer; you missed the twins and just wanted to get home. Subconsciously you reached for the locket around your neck, holding a picture of both of them. Declan looked at you, waiting for your answer, but his smile faded when he noticed what you were doing. He missed his little princess and little man as much as you did; maybe even more. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the waitress "May we have two slices of the chocolate cake to take away?" He said. She nodded and walked away "Come on princess, let's go home and see the twins" He smiled, standing up "I have a feeling Simon and Talia may have let them stay up and play with the dog"  You giggled and stood up "Thank you Dec. Tonight was perfect, it reminded me of when we were dating" You replied and kissed his cheek.