My Shadow || Part 2

This was requested by MacaquexSunWukong so hopefully you enjoy!

---

--Present day--

Wukong sat in the mortal realm basking in the sunlight, he was munching on peaches as he watched someone quite known to him, Macaque. Macaque not long ago adopted a boy named Mk or at least that was his nickname from what he heard. Macaque adopted him to be a heir to the throne but also so he could have someone by his side, how pathetic.

Mk sighed as he took a breather from training, Macaque chuckled slightly. "You want a break kiddo?" Mk turned to Mac and nodded, "yeah.. can I hang out with Mei for a bit??" Mk looked at him with puppy eyes which made Macs tail wagged as he smiled, "sure, but make sure to be back in an hour at least okay?" This perked Wukong's interest a moment to finally greet Mac and make him pay for what he had done all those years back? that sounded perfect. All he really needed was an hour at least. Mk nodded eagerly, "Alright! see you later dad!" As Mk ran off Mac waved him goodbye, he smiled softly as he sighed, "hello old friend~" 

Macaque jumped slightly at the intrusion and turned around quickly wiping out his staff, his eyes widened at who he saw, "...Wukong?" Wukong smirked at him, "the one and only!~" Mac looked at him as he felt guilt pressure over him, he dropped his staff as he ran up to him hugging him, Wukong was taken back but awkwardly hugged back. Why was he hugging back..? "PEACHES OH MY GOD!!" Tears began to fall from Mac's eyes as he held him tightly, afraid the other would disappear. "I-I thought you died..?" He looked up at Wukong who had a whirlwind of emotions engulf him. 

Wukong gently placed his hand on Macs head as he ran it through Macs hair, taking in the fresh scent of plums and Mangoes, "I did... but hey I'm back now.." Mac looked into his eyes and sobbed more, "I-I'm so sorry! I was pressured into it by my people! I never wanted to-" Wukong covered Macs mouth stopping him from continuing, "that's enough.. just calm down I... I forgive you" The lie slipped from Wukong's mouth like a venomous snake, although the other seemed to believe it full heartedly. "..thank you.." Mac pressed his face into Wukong's chest as the other was left to ponder his emotions. Wukong wanted to push Mac away, yell at him for everything he has caused him, his pain, his sorrow, his love.... maybe not the last part.. 

While Wukong pondered his emotions, Mac had been pressed against him, taking in the scent of Peaches. It was intoxicating and he liked it that way.. just to be able to have his friend in his arms once more was like a blessing from Buddha himself, although the lingering guilt still piled up in his chest. Mac looked up at Wukong who looked like he was about to cry, not out of sadness more of frustration. Mac frowned and hesitantly cupped his face, this caused Wukong to jolt out of his thoughts and look into Macs eyes. Mac knew how to calm him, how to make him fall for him. Wukong shook his head trying to escape the thought. Mac looked at him softly, not a hint of anger in him or disappointment. Mac spoke in a hushed tone, "peaches..? are you alright?" Wukong stared into Macs eyes for a moment before pulling away, "I-I remembered i have something important to take care of that's all..." Mac looked upset by his statement but nodded understanding his need to leave. "You can go.. just promise to come back? For me?" Wukong looked at Mac and hesitated, "....I promise." Wukong wanted to take back his words. He wanted to leave, to never see the person he once called 'Friend"s face, But... something in his heart told him not to. Soppy emotions like this never got him anywhere, he cursed at himself for it. Mac gave him a smile as he waved him off. Wukong quickly got on his cloud and disappeared into the light.

Mac smiled slightly, although confused about why his friend had to suddenly go. Then, he heard a voice yell out. "DAD!! I'M READY TO TRAIN AGAIN!!" Mac turned his head to the position of the sound, had so much time already passed? He shrugged and went by his sons side, "Alright buddy! go ahead and get in place!" Mk happily nodded as he went into position...

Wukong quickly went by a valley nearby and unsummoned his cloud, collapsing onto the ground. His breathing was staggered as he went to collect his thoughts of what had just occurred. Once coming to the realization he groaned, 'this hadn't gone as planned..' he cursed at himself once more. Who knows maybe the fool was lying to him, trying to get rid of him once more. His heart and mind ached, he couldn't think straight. He needed to get rid of him as fast as possible and not give away anything.. It was good he still had his trust at his side but then again.. Wukong took a deep breath, "what do I do..." 

----

Hello! Thank you for reading part 2 of this story! i enjoyed writing it! there will probably be a part 3 and possibly a 4th! So look out for that! once again i thank all the support I have gotten on this book! have a nice day!