filler chapter (shorts of an au)

Short 1: Introduction

Small patters of footsteps came within a forest, and the laughter of children followed. A dark monkey came out of the woods looking behind him at times, two small children following behind soon after, "Catch me if you can!" One of the small children smiled, jumped forward, and grabbed the dark monkey by the tail, causing them to tumble onto the ground.

After a shared silence of trying to catch their breath, small giggles erupted from them as they huddled together, "hehe.. God you two are getting better and better each day I swear" the dark monkey grabbed the two and held them close smiling. The two giggled, the dark one smiled and got up stretching. "Welp since you won where do you two wanna go?" The two immediately perked up and started jumping up and down, "baba! Baba!!" The two small chimps' eyes glowed with anticipation. The dark one sighed. "Fine fine let's go visit your father" the two chirped happily as they climbed up on the dark monkey.

...

After walking for hours the three were met with a lake and small splashes came from the lake, a golden figure sat near the waterfall with his eyes shut. The dark monkey went up to him and let the children climb into the monkey's lap chanting happily, "baba! Look what I did" or "baba wanna know what we did?" The dark monkey watched happily as he let the chimps chirp and rant about what was happening that day.

The dark monkey ruffled the kid's hair and smiled, "how about you two go home and shower I need to talk with baba." The chimps looked at their father and nodded happily then ran off. The dark one smiled and then leaned on the glowing figure.

"Sorry I haven't visited much peaches... the kids have been a handful to take care of by myself..." the dark one looked at the king who lay motionless not taking in a single word, "I know you probably can't hear me since you in this state.. but the kids are so much like you... they have kept me company while you've been like this.." he smiled at the golden figure as his smile dropped. He glanced to the side, ".... we miss you.. I miss having you in my arms while we slept, the time with the kids.. everything.." the dark one took one last glance and then stood up. "I love you... please.." the dark one collapsed in front of the golden figure who stayed motionless.

"Wake up.."

Short 2: Awakening

Trees swayed within the mountains breeze, the dark monkey sighed as he watched the sky. His cubs were grown they decided to move out a week ago.. things were much quieter them he had hoped for. He missed the little laughter his kids would let out as they played, Mk finally chose to move away from home to "explore the world" although he had seen quite a lot of it. He sighed as he leaned his head back, maybe checking on Wukong would be a good idea to pass time... He stood up stretching and then fixed up his clothing to visit Wukong.

Arriving at the stream Mac began walking to the usual spot Wukong laid dormant in, then looked up...

Wukong was gone.

Mac began to panic, did a demon take him?! Where was he?! Mac immediately tried using his hearing to hear if a demon was nearby and heard rustling in the bushes. He took out his staff and pointed it in the direction he heard it from. "I suggest coming out of those bushes, I just wanna have a friendly talk..." he growled as a warning the rustling continued but he dropped his staff when he saw who came out of the bushes.

"...Mango..?"

Mac covered his mouth. He had never thought he would hear that nickname ever again, but here he was standing in front of the person he loved most. "SHI HOU!!!"

Mac rushed over to the golden monkey and threw his arms around him, tears rolled down his face as he held him tightly, "Woah Woah! Mangos what happen?!" He glanced around for a moment as his eyes widened, "And where are the cubs?!" Mac sobbed as he held onto Wukong tightly afraid of what could happen if he let go. "T-they moved out.." Wukong looked shocked at him and then looked around at the area he was in, this isn't their room... "Mango.. what happen while I was meditating...?" Mac glanced up at him as he rubbed his eyes. "We might need to go back to the cabin for that... it's a long story.." Mac smiled weakly, "I'm just happy to see you awake...."

"what happen...?"

Short 3: Lost Time

Macaque looked up at Wukong, his face looked so unfamiliar with the surroundings. The house looked much more filled and it no longer was filled with his regular items. There were books, pictures, and much more he hadn't ever seen. Wukong picked up a picture from the table and looked at the picture, it was his cubs... they looked so different but so happy... They looked a lot more like them, not having their shadowy form or mask anymore... Wukongs ears went back as he turned to Mac. "How.... Long was I gone for..?" Mac looked at Wukong and then down with an unreadable expression, "...19 years Wukong."

Wukong felt all the air leave him as he covered his mouth, his eyes were shaky as he looked at Mac, "No... No no no. Your joking right? I was just with you guys! I couldn't have been meditating that long!!" Wukong was tearing up as his tail went down, with desperation in his eyes he looked at Mac. "Please, Mango, tell me your joking..." Mac looked away he frowned... he wasn't joking. Wukong looked down as he looked at his hands which were shaky, "the cubs. Where are the cub's Mangos..." Mac turned back to Wukong as he sighed, "I can call them to come over... They moved out a week ago Peaches.." Wukong went over and hugged him. "Please." He needed to see them. He was gone so long that he wanted to see his cubs again. Surely they'll remember him...

Right?