°two

꧁Eve꧂

"This looks hideous."

Enid scoffed with a smile. "Agh, come on. I think it's the cutest school uniform ever."

I looked over at Wednesday, appearing from her black hole. "And you get black?"

"I'm allergic to colour."

In my mind, I scoffed. That's complete bullshit.

"Come," Enid said, hooking her arm into mine. "I'll show you around the grounds."

I walked with her down our dorm stairs, and into an open area. There was a tree in the middle, with a bunch of benches and tables around the place, crowded with children.

"The place is not as busy as usual, but this is the quad. A lot of kids hang out here often."

Looking around I scoffed thoughtfully. Not so busy? This place was super crowded. I already felt my nails nig into my palms.

As you hopefully have gathered by now, crowds aren't my thing.

"𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛." -𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 1

"𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘... 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑." -𝑏𝑜𝑦 1

"𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑. 𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑎𝑢𝑑𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝐴𝑠𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒." -𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 2

"𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑔𝑢𝑖𝑙𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑." - 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 3

And that was only about five percent of the noise in my head.

"Maybe someplace more quiet?" I asked, beggingly looking at Enid.

When she met my eyes, she saw my plead. She gave a smile, and nodded. I followed her down a more quiet corridor, before we reached a library. And God, have I never seen such a large library.

Sure, I wasn't smart, but for history and fantasy? I'm all in. I know fairies don't exist; nor lakeness monsters or animal-shapeshifter, but the books gave me an imagination beyond the world. And it kept other's thoughts out.

As you can tell, I have no control over what I hear, and when. Yes, I can forcefully read someone's mind, but I cannot tune out their thoughts without my ears being sealed of, by over-ear headphones. They're just on my bed next to my charging phone.

"And the planetarium," she pointed out as we walked passed a glass greenhouse filled with almost every deadly plant a person could think of.

"Where do we have lunch?" I asked

"Well, you get your food, and as long as the tray returns to the cafeteria, you can eat wherever you like."

I smiled thankfully.

~

"Thank you," I smiled softly, before turning around with my tray in my hands.

Salad, tomato and cheese sandwich, and yogurt. A good vegetarian meal.

The cafeteria was too crowded, so I found myself out in the quad, but it wasn't any better. Yet, it was worse.

So I ventured into the corridors. I knew Enid sat with her brothers. Wednesday was skipping lunch. So it was just me, searching for silence.