°ten

Eve

"You sure you're not going?" I asked, looking at Wednesday beggingly.

She frowned. "I'd rather drown in a pool filled with piranhas."

There was a knock on the door, grabbing my attention. I lift my dress, making my way to it, before opening it. A small smile filled my lips as I saw Ajax looking me up and down, stunned. 

"Woah," he whispered.

He didn't look too bad himself. Sure, he looked basic, but dressed in white, he had me nearly on my knees. 

"God, you look gorgeous," he said, a soft smile on his lips. 

"Thank you," I smiled. "You don't look too bad yourself."

He chuckled, before lifting his arm. "You ready to go? Xavier's there already. Enid and her date as well."

Turning to Wednesday I smiled softly. "You sure you wanna stay?"

"Why do you care?" she asked bitterly. 

"I'm just asking, Wednesday," I sighed.

Alright, sure. I don't like her, at all. She's psychotic and a threat to everything and everyone. Despite her knowledge about a lot of things, she's a nuisance. I can barely tolerate her. Not to forget how bloody loud her thoughts get in an empty room. 

"I'm not going," she clarified, before turning around. "Now go, before I puke seeing you in that dress."

Ah, yes. A pretty light blue silk dress that dropped till my feet. The look was perfected with two buns on the top, back of my head, and a single silver necklace. My ears though, self-pierced for a year. Decorated with only silver. Gold wasn't my colour. Oh, and white heels, but you couldn't see them.

"Right. I'll see you later, Wednesday."

I hooked my arm into Ajax's, closing the door behind us as we left. I walked with him down the stairs, only to see a lost barista. 

"Talk about confusing. This place is a maze." -Tyler

"Tyler?" I questioned. 

He looked at me. "Where's Wednesday's dorm?" he asked. 

"Oh. She's up the stairs, on your left," I explained. 

He thanked me, making his way up the stairs. I smiled softly, looking up Ajax, who gave me the same look I gave him: surprise.

"The barista?" I asked him in shock.

He laughed lightly. "I'm just as surprised as you are."

Inside the hall, I was stunned. The place was bedazzling. To think a school like this could actually produce something pretty. I mean, considering the school clothes are fricken purple. An ugly purple, to be exact. 

I was in love.

"Here's our table," Ajax said, as we stepped beside Xavier and Bianca. 

You've got to be kidding me.

Bianca grew a smile. "So, my suspicions were right. You two were doing something."

"Bianca, seriously?" Xavier groaned. "Can we just have one peaceful night. One night without your bullshit."

"Right," I said, looking at Ajax. "We should get drinks."

He smiled. "Smart choice. That could be a while."

Giggling, I followed him to the foaming punch table. Of course, the punch was alcohol-less. He poured us both each a cup, and when we turned around, my eyes fell onto a demon entering in a stunning black dress. 

"That's unexpected," Ajax whispered beside me. 

He was right. Tyler must've talked her into coming to the dance. Probably Thing's doing. He always had a way in messing things up. Yet, Wednesday didn't look forced. Yeah, she didn't smile, but she looked a bit at ease with her arm hooked into Tyler's. Odd couple though.

"Someone's not happy," Ajax said under his breath as he turned towards me, his cup nearing his lips. 

I looked at our table, seeing a very upset Xavier, glaring across the dancefloor at Wednesday and her date. Ajax had told me earlier the week at lunch that Wednesday had rejected him, saying she wasn't going. Poor Xavier had to see her enter with Tyler. 

"I think our friend needs some company," I said, giving a light nudge. 

Ajax and I sat down at our table, grabbing Xavier's attention. He didn't look happy at all. 

"She wasn't planning on coming," I said, hoping he'd feel a little more at ease. "I think Thing had Tyler come so that she changed her mind."

"So, she rocks up with Tyler?" Xavier scoffed. "Of all people, seriously? I mean, sure. If she rocked up with any other guy, I'd be a little less furious, but fucking Tyler?!"

"Xavier!" I snapped, making him sigh. "Look, I get you like her, but you have to understand that this just happened-"

"Tyler's a jerk! He trashed my painting last year at the outreach day. He despises outcasts. It bugs me that he asked her!" - Xavier 

I looked at him stunned, seeing the realization his eyes. "Now you know," he said.

My eyes then moved to the dancefloor, my eyes suddenly widening. "Woah," I said, making Ajax and Xavier both look at the dancing kids. 

Wednesday and Tyler were in the middle3, and for the first time ever, I saw Wednesday climb out of her shell. She seemed comfortable for once, dancing like a complete weirdo. Many eyes were watching her and Tyler. As a normie, he just danced like a normal person, but she was outgoing. 

"Dance?" Ajax asked, reaching his hand out to me. 

I smiled, taking it. "Sure."

He pulled me to my feet, and to the dancefloor. There we freestyled. 

~

I think we danced for like an hour, before Ajax couldn't stay on his feet anymore. He was overheating. And still, Xavier was seated, not having moved an inch. Bianca had left him there, careless. 

"You're turn," I smiled, reaching my hand out to Xavier. 

He frowned, looking from my hand to my eyes. "You're crazy."

"No, come on." 

I leaned down, grabbing his hand, forcing him to his feet as I walked away. He unwillingly followed me to the dancefloor, where I at last let go of him. 

I looked at him, moving from side to side, making him groan. I widened my smile, making him unwillingly grow a small one. The more I danced, the more he danced. Sure, it looked like a chick movie where the girl forces the guy to dance, and he just started dancing with, but it felt real. 

We danced for at least two songs, where he then excused himself. I laughed, following him off the dancefloor, and to our table. With a satisfied smile, I sat down beside Ajax. 

"I'm happy now," I smiled. 

Suddenly, it was as if hell poured blood over us. The water sprayers opened up, and red goop spilt all over. Blood wasn't as light, and it was a lot thicker. It spilt all over, soaking everyone and everything. 

"What the hell?"

The students broke out hysterically. Many couldn't make their way over the liquid and slipped and fell over each other. 

My eyes were on my dress, and Ajax's suite. Everything was a mess.  Everything once light, was now stained by... paint?