°fifteen

Ajax

We weren't at the coffee shop that long. Thirty minutes at most. Then we just walked into the streets. I mean, honestly, I completely forgot that we wanted to come here. It completely blew my mind. 

"At least there's not a cloud in the sky," Evie said as she stepped beside me. 

I laughed, looking down at her. "At least it's still early in the day," I said, making her laugh. 

"I'd say it makes the day depressing," Wednesday said, earning a disgusted look from me, unintentionally. She shrugged. "Cloudy days brighten my day." 

"Cloudy night skies are pretty to me," Evie said, making me look down at her again. "They calm me. Yet I cannot sleep in the rain." 

"Neither can I," Wednesday continued. "I couldn't dare missing out on the wonderful weather."

"I just don't like the thunder," Evie said softly, not directly at someone. 

"That's the best part of it," Wednesday said emotionless. "Calms my mind. Let's me think. You're never in the room lately, that's why you'll never underst-" 

"Your thoughts keep me awake," Evie snapped, earning a surprised look from everyone. Her voice was louder than I know she intended. "Your thoughts keep me from sleeping. That's why I'm never in the room at night, Addams."

Xavier's eyes shot straight to me, and immediately I took Evie's hand. "Let's get ice cream," I said, pulling her into a different direction. 

No one questioned us, and simply just let us go. Wednesday looked confused. 

"She's a bitch in so many ways," Evie groaned, tightening her grip in mine. "Honestly. She has no care for other's feelings, and for all- Oh, and her thoughts are all over the place the entire time! She can't keep her mind on one- And what does Xavier even see in her? She has no heart, no emotion, no- You know what, she's sort of completely useless for socie- She doesn't even notice how she's hurting Xavier by being with Ty- Oh and Tyler knows what the hell he's in for. I know that. He's just a mentally busy as she is. And-"

"Hey," I said, stopping while stepping in front of her. 

She couldn't finish a sentence, and her hand tightened with the beginning of each new one. She was clearly not happy at all, but she couldn't pick what she was furious at exactly. It was adorable. 

"Breathe," I said, making her sigh. She took a deep breath in with me, before exhaling slowly.  "Better?"

She looked up at me, her hand weakened. "Yes," she said softly. 

I smiled. "Great, now ice cream."

I lead her around the block to the best ice cream shop I had ever found. There, they had about fifteen different flavours and twenty different types of toppings. 

She smiled brightly once I handed her an Ice cream. It was as if she immediately fell in love. She was like a little girl that hasn't seen ice cream in ages. She thanked me about ten times, while I was waiting for mine. 

I've been falling for her more than once in the past two months. 

We walked outside of the ice cream store, where we found a bench in the park. We settled down there, and she crossed her legs on the seat while I sat down beside her. 

"How far did your essay go?" she asked me. 

Shit. We have an essay for Monday. 

"Haven't started," I admitted.