°five

Eve

Knowing what many children thought about life had me wondering. Some girl in one of my classes wondered deeply if the world was really round. It had me near to smashing my head into the table.

I was two weeks into school, and I was already on the verge if begging my mum to come get me.

Nothing was ever quiet. Everything was loud, and busy. I was though thankful my phone was fixed. Now I could listen to music, and look antisocial.

So after classes, I walked across the school with my headphones on full blast, and silence in my mind.

Weems wanted me to get an extra activity around school. Something to do. Actually, we had to do something.

Suddenly, an arrow shot straight passed me, barely a centimetre from my skin, before paling straight into the center of a target.

I pushed my headphones off of my head, having them fall around my neck.

"What the hell, Wednesday?!" Xavier exclaimed.

I just took a deep breath, closing my eyes. I heard him rushing to me, suddenly grabbing both of my upper-arms.

"𝐺𝑜𝑑, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑'𝑣𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑. 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑦 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑊𝑒𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦. 𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑝ℎ𝑠𝑦𝑐𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐?!"

"I'm alright," I said, opening my eyes.

Xavier looked full on in panic, and I noticed a few children around us look between me and Wednesday.

Slowly, I looked at her.

"You were I'm my way."

"You could've killed me," I pointed, more harshly than I intended.

Stay calm, Everlyn. Stay calm.

"Watch where you walk," she said, suddenly picking another arrow. "Now move."

"Wednesday, what the hell?" Xavier questioned.

Yet she still lift the boy and arrow, aiming right between me and Xavier. "Move, Eve."

That'd when I did something I didn't want to. This time, when reaching into her mind, I didn't listen. This time I talked.

"𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝑨𝒅𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒔."

I saw the realization in her eyes, while she slowly lowered the bow and arrows.

"𝑷𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒚𝒔. 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌."

Her eyes widened as she looked at me. I lift an eyebrow, and she suddenly dropped the bow and arrow.

No one climbed into her mind before, have they?

She looked around, seeing eyes on her. So she did what she did best; she turned around and stormed off. Then all eyes moved to me.

"What was that?" Ajax asked as he appeared beside Xavier and I.

But then something hit me.

"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒗𝒖𝒍𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆, 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒚𝒏."

Planted, not a stranger's thought.

Just like that, a ping rung through head, and I grabbed my ears, shutting them close, along with my eyes.