°eleven

Ajax

I saw calmness on her face. Unlike most other people, she just looked around in confusion. She didn't panic nor run. She was calm.

That's until she saw Enid running out a back door. That set Evie to her feet, running in heels, lifting her dress. I followed, with Xavier not so far behind us.

When running out the back door, we just followed red paint that stretched across the floor.

"You did this?!"

"The hell is wrong with you normies?" Evie yelled as she stepped outside a door.

When Xavier and I did so too, we saw a couple of normie boys by a truck.

"What the fuck?" Xavier yelled, stepping forward, but I pushed him back.

That's when I saw Enid's date; spotless. The mayor's son.

"Why the he'll would you do this?" Evie yelled, attempting to climb off the ledge, but I grabbed her arm, stopping her.

The last thing Nevermore, or more importantly we, need is a fight between a normie and an outcast. And I know it wouldn't end nicely.

"I'm sorry, Enid," her date tried explaining. "I didn't-"

"Come on, man!" Another boy yelled, tugging on his arm. He didn't hesitate to follow the boy into the truck, before they drove off.

"Those mother fluffing assholes!" Evie yelled.

"My dress is ruined," Enid started panicking. "I spent so much in this beauty, and they purposely ruined it!"

She stormed back into the building, Xavier not so far after her. Yet I was still outside with Evie, when she started laughing. I looked at her in concern.

"You alright, Evie?" I asked, stepping in front of her.

A smile spread her lips when she looked up at me. "I made this dress myself," she admitted, and my heart weakened. "I spent an entire week sowing some expensive fabric together, so that I could look pretty for you; but in return, I got drenched in red paint!"

She didn't seem upset at all. Laughter trailed her voice as she spoke. Still, my heart shattered with every word.

She had sown this dress herself, for me?

"I'm sure it can wash out-"

"I'm sure it'll take hours, and if not, days."

I looked at her in sorrow. "Evie, I'm sorry."

"Why?" she laughed. "It's just some stupid dress."

Then she met my eyes again, bit she didn't say anything. She just stared.

For a moment, I felt the silence she always loved around me so much. I felt the comfort. I wasn't one for silence, usually, but she had me head over heels for it.

"Kiss me," she whispered, and my body numbed.

"What?"

"Kiss me."

For a couple of seconds I looked at her with a blank expression, but then I mentally said fuck it, and grabbed her by her cheeks, and crashed my lips into hers.

It was as if the silence broke, and the air filled with a loud, yet loving melody. Figuratively of course.

Her lips were soft, but not nearly as soft as her skin.

I moved my hand down her body, to her waist, where I pulled her closer to me.

Her hands rested on my chest, and I felt how they gently curled into a fist, grabbing a hold of my shirt.