°sixteen

Eve

I know what I did wasn't the best option, but somehow it was my first and only. Sure, there were other options, but my mind didn't travel that far.

On the bus back to Nevermore, Ajax and I were equally as quiet. I sat with my feet on the seat, my knees against my chest while my arms were wrapped around them. My eyes were on the woods outside while I had music blasting in my ears. The trees passed quickly, and I hoped they'd pass quicker.

I know Ajax sat embarrassed beside me. He had my bag on his lap, and about five minutes into the ride, started talking with Xavier about Ryle. That's when I put on my headphones. Xavier's thoughts were way to busy for me to be able to process my own.

I mean sure, I cursed myself with my own thoughts, but when Ajax placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer, I wasn't dry. I became a weak, wet puddle of butterflies. Not even sure if that's possible.

I wanted to kiss him again, but do more than kiss him. I wanted to straddle him. Feel his hands grip on my thighs. Taste the feeling of his lust. For a moment, my mind was feral. My mind wasn't being as saintful as I wanted it to be. I wasn't myself.

As we neared the school, I felt something touch my leg. When I looked down, it was Ajax's arm. His hand was open. Looking at him, I noticed he was still talking to Xavier, yet he put his hand there for a reason. So, I reached my left hand down, intertwining our fingers. I gave my hand a squeeze, even though he didn't look at me.

I felt a little more at peace.

But not satisfied with my thoughts. I wanted reality, not dreams.

So, once we stopped at school, and I had my bag, I didn't wait for the others. I got off the bus, and without hesitation, made my way to my room. I dropped my phone, bag and headphones, before grabbing a towel, and making my way to the bathrooms.

There, I slipped right out of my clothes, and right into the shower.

Under the burning water, I sat on the floor. My mind was rushing. It was as if scenarios crowded my mind. Scenarios of Ajax and I. Unholy scenarios. Me on him. Him on me. They stained my mind.

The realization of red skin made me get ready to finish showering. I washed my hair, and my skin, before stepping out. In a towel, I made my way back to my room. Wednesday and Enid ought to be settled in already.

Yet, when I stepped inside, the room was more quiet than ever. Usually Wednesday would be busy typing on her typewriter, or Enid would be loudly jamming to music. But the room was soundless.

Until I turned to face my bed. There, Ajax sat, frozen as he saw me with wet hair, in only a towel. I froze.

"Fuck," he whispered, looking me up and down, before falling. "Uhm, Enid told me you'd be back and I thought you were, uhm... and you didn't answer my texts, and you're uhm... and I thought your, uhm... I thought your phone was on the bus, and you, uhm... you're..."

He never made sense when he was panicking or embarrassed. Said 'uhm' and 'and' too much.

"I need to get dressed," I said, and to be honest, it was all I could reply.

He gave a nod, slowly standing up, being at least two feet away from me now, looking down with wondering eyes. "Right, I'll just-"

But my body was ahead of his words. I moved forward, rising to my toes, suddenly crashing my lips into his. And then, when I pulled away to see his reaction, which I was expecting to be a frozen shy golden retriever, he grabbed my by toweled waist, pulling me tightly against him, crashing his lips straight into mine.

I numbed.

He turned me a bit, before I suddenly got pushed against my own closet door. His one hand moved to the side of my face, pulling me up.

Our single kiss turned to more when he opened his lips first. I didn't hesitate to kiss back. He tightened his grip around my waist, and my heart raced. I fell all over again.

Then I felt my towel loosen, which sent my head back to reality. I pulled my lips back, even though I saw the crave in his eyes. I moved my hands off of his face, grabbing my towel to keep it up, and realization appeared in his eyes.

"Wait outside. Two minutes," I said, and a small smile appeared on his lips.

He placed a peck on my lips, before stepping back. "Get a dress on. I wanna take you somewhere."

I smiled, watching him leave. He closed the door, and my smile widened. And I did what he asked. I pulled on a plain light green dress. Really plain. Along with it were my convers, and his jacket.

When I opened the door, my eyes fell on him, suddenly standing with a single flower. I knew he picked it from the vase at the bottom of the staircase. It was still super sweet.

"Come on," he said, grabbing my hand.

He showed me to the greenhouse, but we passed it. He then lead me a little further down, and then into the woods. For a moment I grew with worry. It was late. It was dark. But he didn't stop.

A couple minutes into the woods, we found a warehouse. There he unlocked the door, before pulling inside, seconds before switching a light on. The place was scattered with different types of sketches. Flowers, kids, trees, bridges, cars, plants.

"This is Xavier's place," Ajax explained. "He draws, a lot."

"Woah," I said, making him smile. He looked at me, and didn't take his eyes off.

Suddenly he took me by my hips, and moved me. I met his eyes, before by back hit a table. I looked to my side, seeing it, before suddenly feeling Ajax's hand move down and to the back of my thighs. Then he suddenly pulled me up, hopping me onto the table.

I overheated.

He leaned forward, his lips crashing into mine within seconds. His one hand was on my thighs while he stood between my legs, and the other was on the side of my face.

I tasted his lust, and part of me craved for more. He tasted like coffee and biscuits, even though we hadn't had in a while. But I didn't mind. I liked the taste. The taste of Ajax Petropolus.

Suddenly, my hand moved. I found myself pulling on the bottom of his shirt, and he understood. He let go of me, and wuth my help, he took off his shirt. He was truly a skinny white golden retriever.

He took his jacket off of me, and I felt his hand move to the back of my dress to the zip. I didn't blame him. I didn't atop him. I didn't hesitate to lean a bit forward to let it be easier for him.

But then the doors flew open, and Xaviwr stepped inside, suddenly stopping as both Ajax and my eyes shot up to him. His eyes widened.

"Fuck, man?" Ajax groaned.

Xavier looked wide eyed from me to Ajax, and I felt myself lowering my dress.

"Right," I said, realizing the moment was lost. I got off the table, while Ajax stepped back, clearly unhappy.

"Shit. I'll come... uhm... I'll come back later if-"

"No," I said, silencing Xavier. "No it's... it's late. I have to get back to my room before Enid goes all crazy and worried again."

I looked up at Ajax. Giving a small smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow..."

I grabbed his jacket, before walking passed Xavier, and out of the shed. Then I heard Ajax startig to complain to Xavier, and it made me smile, but I didn't stop waking.

~

When I said I didn't stop walking, I meant I didn't stop walking. I was sure it had been half an hour, and I haven't reached Nevermore yet.

A person would think that you'd see the schools light from in the woods, but no. I didn't see a single light.

I was lost.

When I tried finding the shed again, I lost myself more. I couldn't find a road, or the shed, or Jericho, or a lake, or the school.

I was lost. And a panic attack hit me faster than I breathed.