°four

Ajax

"Does everyone have their assignments? Good. Now enjoy Outreach day."

I opened mine, groaning lightly. A café? That meant being social.

"Uriah's Heap?" Xavier questioned beside me.

I laughed. "That's some weird hippy shop. Some pretty cool shit though."

He groaned. "It's worse than that café. This place is just hella creepy. Shit man. Man, trade?"

Laughing, I jerked my assignment away as he tried grabbing it. "No way. Considering this karma for not letting me have a pen during the test."

"Man," he groaned.

The students around us started scattering to their 'jobs', and I wasn't far behind them. Xavier walked alongside me.

While adjusting my beanie, I caught myself scanning the crowd. It wasn't necessary to find Evie, but just to look if she's here.

"Pilgrims world?" I heard her laugh lightly.

To my right, she walked a few steps ahead with Enid and Wednesday. Her hair was made into two buns.

"It's better than that place," Enid said, looking creeped out by Evie's assignment.

"I find Uriah's Heap interesting," Wednesday stated, and my eyes lit. "The shop is filled with curious things. I, personally, would not shop there, but the variety is interesting."

"I don't think I've got an odd assignment," Evie said, and within seconds, I looked at Xavier.

"Okay. Trade?"

He looked at me frowning. "Change of heart, for?"

"I hate coffee," I stated, making him scoff.

"You love coffee."

"Xavier, man?"

He looked at me, then passed me at Wednesday, Enid and Evie. "Hey you know what assignment she has?" he asked, gesturing to Evie.

I nodded. "Uriah's Heap. Please dude."

For a second he looked at me in light confusion, but then a soft smile split his lips. "Sure. Trade." Yet, just before I grabbed the assignment, he yanked it away. "You owe me."

"Of course," I said as I stretched my hand out, grabbing the paper, before shoving mine into his hand. "I owe you."

"You do," he laughed.

I skipped forward, just in time to catch Evie when the other's split from het, and she looked lost. I mean, probably. She had never been here I guess, considering she's new to Nevermore.

"Hi," I smiled, surprising myself as she looked up. A smile grew on her lips.

"Hello," she greeted, then looked down at her assignment.

Lie.

"What you got?" I asked, as if not knowing already.

"Uriah's Heap," she frowned. "Thing is, I don't know where this place is..."

I smiled way to bright. "I'm there too," I spilled, making her look up at mrle in surprise.

Suddenly I just lift my assignment, showing her my proof, as if I was making sure she knew I didn't lie.

This was not me, usually. I swear.

"Great," she smiled, yet a bit awkwardly.

"Yeah," I said, lowering it slowly.