chapter 17

After like thousand years of awkwardness ,hesitation ,fear and all they somehow manage to open a little up infront of adriano.they were not brave enough to speak with him but they were okey within themselves. But adriano was least bothered by their actions more preciesly their presence. His full attention was on his girl who was trying to attend everyone present in the room.

Bani cut the cake and made rittika eat the first bite.
Everyone sat on the table and poured champagne for themselves while bani was at the head of the table and Rittika was next right to her ,adriano was beside Rittika and steve was opposite to Rittika .

"So tell us how old have you become today?" Amelia asked bani .bani just choked on her champagne.

"That....thats not important 😖.age does not matter you know ." bani replied irritatedly and everyone laughed ..

But their was someone who was not laughing at all.he was shooting daggers to steve.
Today when everyone was taking seats around the table Loura was going to seat opposite to rittika but steve said something in Loura's ear with which she left her seat to steve with a mischievous smile .but the problem is this whole thing was not unnoticed by adriano's eagle eyes.. From then his attention averted from rittika to steve.
On the other hand steve's behaviour was adding fuel to adriano's anger..steve was smiling at Rittika every now and then and was trying to start conversations with her.where rittika being rittika was smilingly talking with everyone having no idea about the storm forming in the dining table.

"Try this mr.costa its indian style noodles." Rittika served some noodles on adriano's plate .

"Thank you" adriano looked at rittika feeling a little relaxed after getting her attention.

"Rittika what is this called?" Right then steve asked .

"Its chiken korma and this one called kulcha.try some." Rittika served a portion on steve's plate.

"Its just amazing rittika.who have cooked this? I would have kissed her fingers." Steve was not skipping any chance to flirt with rittika.
Rittika in response only smiled a little awkwardly..

It was getting hard for adriano to control his rage.

"Mr costa have you ever tried indian food before?" Bani asked .

"I dont remember I had or not." He replied and put some noodles in mouth.

"Then try this with chicken .its one type of stuffed bread." Rittika served one kulcha and one spoon full of korma.

"First take a small piece and dip in this curry then eat." Rittika describe and adriano followed her.

"You know its better on this way." Saying this rittika kept her fork and knife aside and tear the bread with her right hand ,dipped the piece in curry then put in her mouth.

Adriano looked at her amused by her action and said "how did you do it show me again."

She again took a piece of bread with hand and dipped it into chicken korma "see?".the whole time adriano was looking at her full attentively.when she was about to put that morsel into her mouth with a fraction of second adriano grabed her hand and eat that morsel from her hand.his lips touched her fingers and she felt a spark ran through her whole body.her eyes widen she became statue but adriano's expression was like nothing happened.

"Yeah its better now." Adriano commented with a smirk.

He looked at steve who was shocked too.not only steve but every person present on that table was surprised to witness this act of adriano.bani on the other hand was happy beyond surprise..she was smiling under her chin.

"Lets pour more into the glass I have a good news to share." Bani announced.

Everyone looked towards bani.

"Yeah.I have got promotion " bani declared everyone cheered and drank.rittika hugged her feeling very happy.

"Thats great .You are going to give us another party."kelly said grinning widely.

" ofcourse she will. but the fun part is now we will be subordinated by you instead of that hitlar mrs. Desouza.she is just a pain in the ass." Emmy said excitedly and everyone laughed.

"Guys guys wait I have a bad news too" bani declared and everyone made unhappy sound to hear that.
While rittika was looking at her curiously.

"I will be posted in the USA branch for first month.then our boss will decide whether i can come back in this main branch or not." Bani said this specially looking at rittika..
Bani was happy to get promotion but she was sad to think about leaving rittika alone here.

"When will you be going?" Rittika asked with a mixture of happiness and sadness printed on her face.

" just the day after tomorrow."

"Oh."

"Rittika I got to know today only..will you be okey by yourself untill I return?" Bani asked pouting her lower lip.

"Yeah ......ammm...yeah i'll be fine.do I look like a kid to you? He he." Rittika faked smile to suppress her sadness.

"Rittika dont worry .when ever you feel alone you can call me .i will come to give you company." Steve said to Rittika totally forgetting adriano's presence.

He came to his senses with a thud sound of adriano's fork and knife.his eyes were blood shot " DID NOT YOU LISTEN SHE IS NOT A KID?" Adriano threatened steve with a dangerous voice..

"I ...I was jus.....just genuinely asking..sor..sorry Mr. Costa." Steve apologize being scared with adriano's thunder voice and looked at his own plate.

"Miss bani I will arrange your living there near your office branch in one of my hotel.you just make sure to send your office location." Adriano offered bani and bani was more than happy..rittika was also happy to hear that.after all bani was going to stay there in an unknown country all alone too .rittika was also concerned about her safety..but now she is relieved.

"I have no words to thank you Mr.Costa." bani greeted him whole heartedly.

" its ok miss bani after all you are rittika's best friend.if not she would be worried for you." Adriano explained.

Rittika's blush was prominent on her both red cheeks.

Bani smiled at adriano which he never returned.

"Rittika will you be free tomorrow? I have to buy few stuffs" bani asked rittika.

"Yeah I will be free after my college."
"Girls who wanna join us?" Rittika asked to the girls and with out any doubt they agreed cheerfully.

After dinner they were sitting infront of tv and discussing about which football team they support when adriano was typing something on his mobile scrunching his eyebrows.

Then rittika came there with icecreams for everyone.when she went to give one to adriano and called him he looked at her angrily and said "i dont like sweets."

Rittika flinched back, adriano realised he have scared his angel with his looks but what can he do now he has everything but he lacks of soothing words in his dictionary.

He stood up and said "I'm leaving.i've to attend a urgent meeting straight away."

Rittika nodded and looked at her feet.

Adriano looked at bani and bid her good bye too in brief.

He went towards the door and rittika also followed to see him off.

"Bye mr costa have a safe journey." Rittika greeted him and he nodded looking at her then turned to leave.but stopped at his place turned back again and said to rittika looking at her eyes " i forget to tell you something. You are looking  gorgeous ." suddenly he bent towards rittika and gave a light peck on her left cheek .again a spark went through her body from her cheek and her eyes widen again.Adriano immediately left from there with a smile on his lips.

............................................................................

Guys please do vote ,comment...❤️