chapter 21

"Sir please forgive me.it wont happen again." The nurse pleaded .fear was evident all over her face.

"You will be expelled from our hospital for sure.but still if you dont want your lisence to be cancelled for life time you better look after her carefully this time."
Adriano threatened her while looking to rittika's unconscious face.

"Please sir i wont do any mistake now." the nurse pleaded again.

"Just Do what i said." adriano stood up from the bed and kissed on rittika's forehead gently and went to his office again.

Rittika's phone was ringing continuously which he found in her pyjamas pocket and was kept on his table.he looked at it to find 86 missed calls.the phone rang again showing " maa calling" on the screen.he hesitated for a bit but decide to answer it.

As soon as he picked it up a womens crying voice came to his ear " rittika ! Beta how are you? We are so worried about you?bani told us that you have catched fever."

" Mrs. oberoi rittika is sleeping right now." Adriano replied.

"Who are you? And why are you answering her call?" She asked worriedly.

" becouse she is in my house now." Adriano replied shortly .he did not wanted to sound rudely but it sounded so.

" what do you mean ? Give this phone to her.I want to talk to her only." Adriano heard a panicked voice from other side.

" relax Mrs. oberoi..she is absolutely safe here.i'm her friend Adriano costa.bani knows me too..she fell unconscious in her home due to fever and i happened to know that so i brought her into my house to take care of her..right now she is under medication and will hopefully wake up tomorrow morning..once she wakes up i will tell her to call you..is that fine?" Adriano explained briefly to her becouse he could find a motherly concern over the phone which reminds him some old good memories of his mother.

" i'm sorry beta.i did not mean to be rude to you..we were hell worried about her so..I hope you can understand. " rittika's mother Mrs Rupali Oberoi said to Adriano softly.

'Yeah ,i can understand .you can rest assured.. She is safe here." Adriano assured her.

' ok beta take care of yourself too.bye." she said and both of then hanged the phone up.

Adriano kept looking on the phone screen after the call ended .becouse only he knows after like so many decades he felt a motherly attachment which he has craved always .

The morning came with a bright sun.Rittika opened her eyes slowly and saw Adriano's face very close to her.even his hand was on her left cheek..

"Mm..Mr. Costa!" She tried to sit and adriano moved back

" I was just checking your temperature. Your fever has gone now." He composed himself and sat on his chair .

While she tried to sit adriano immediately helped her to sit and put a pillow behind her back for her comfort.

"Amm thanks.where am I ?"

" you are in my house....how are you feeling now?"

" i'm feeling better now.." She replied and just then jacob knocked on the door and came in with a smile munching an apple.

"Good morning sorella." He greeted and rittika lowered her head and looked at her lap.

Adriano and jacob both looked at each other confusingly then adriano introduced him " rittika look this is jacob my friend and partner in my work."

"Good morning .did that hit you last night?" Rittika looked up and asked to jacob sheepishly.

"Noo.but you were very close.I could be dead." Jacob replied jokingly.

" i'm so sorry. believe me i'm not that violent.i was so scared that i did not think.....i'm realy very sorry." She looked at both of them with pleading eyes.

"Its ok no problem sorella .we can handle a little violence. Is not it v?" Jacob said and winked at adriano.

" its not your fault .so don't be sorry.but you should be sorry for something else. " Adriano said the last part with heavy voice and crossed his hands infront of his chest.

Rittika became nervous and asked hesitantly "what do you mean?"

Right then Adriano's housekeeper Alturo came with a tray full of soup and fruit juice.

"May I know why did you skipped your meals ?and why did you not informed me at the first place that you are not feeling well? Do you have any idea how worried we were when you did not received our calls?did you think how much your parents ,your friends were tensed?" adriano interrogated her.

"I'm so sorry ..but i did not realised myself how I fall so sick?"

"Doctor said it was out of stress and skipping meals.now you drink this soup and juice then rest after taking medicine. " adriano took the trey from Alturo and gave the juice glass in rittika's hand.

Suddenly rittika looked at her right and left searching something.

" my phone? Do you know where my phone is?. .my parents would have gone mad already worrying about me."

"Its with me. you drink this first." He pushed the glass a little towards her mouth.

She drank all the juice in one go and said " now my phone please."

Adriano took the phone out from his pocket while said " your parents called numerous time but i received the last one which was your mom."

" ohh okk." She said and suddenly panicked " what? What did you say? My mom? You have talked to her?"

Adriano nodded and looked at her confusingly " yeah..she was very worried so I had to tell her that you are fine."

"I'm dead..you dont understand..she will kill me now." Rittika panicked and took her phone and checked her call list.

"What...what did she said? I mean my mom?" Rittika asked him fearfully.

" she was very worried about you so she asked about your whereabouts and asked who am i to receive your call ?" He replied calmly.

"And what did you say?"

" I told her that you are fine and i'm your friend "

"And how did she react listening this?did she say something bad to you"

"No.. She was just worried About you.......
Now finish this soup .you have to take your medicine after that." Adriano took a spoon full of soup and held infront of her mouth..

She did not argue more and swallowed the soup from his hand.

"Rittika if you feel better now you should call your mom she must be waiting for your call" adriano said and gave her the medicines..

Rittika called her mom after taking the medicine.
Just after one ring her mother received the call.

..........................................................................

Hey guys please shower your love with votes and comments.....❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
...