Chapter 24

After being escorted out of the desert, the group travelled for a few more days until they reached a refugee port called Full Moon Bay. As soon as Zeraphina stepped foot inside the port, she could feel the people's pain and sorrow. But she also felt their hatred towards the Fire Nation. It made her determination to help stop this war even stronger. But, her loyalty to her Prince was just as strong, and she couldn't go against his wishes.

They boarded a ferry that would safely take them to Ba Sing Se as fugitives of the Fire Nation, not that anyone had to know about their origins. For Zeraphina, she thought it could be a brand new start for her, Zuko and Iroh. A life that could be free from the Fire Nation's grasp. They did say that Ba Sing Se has a way of changing people, perhaps it could be true for the Fire Nation prince.

"The waters are clear and calm today, child." The voice said to her as she smiled back hearing them once again.

"It's been some time since I heard from you. What have you been up to?" Zeraphina answered mentally.

"There is hardly anything to do within you, but I have been seeing things."

"Oh, another premonition for me to dream about? Any hints as to what I may see tonight?"

"Why spoil it for you?"

"I know that tone. Just give me one little hint."

The voice sighed, "All right then. It has something to do with the young prince you so care for. Ba Sing Se really will change him for the best."

Zeraphina smiled at this news, wanting for that to be true. And as a DragonBorn, her dreams are never lies.

"What are you smiling about?" Zuko asked as he glanced over at his friend.

"Nothing, just wondering what the wall of Ba Sing Se will look like." She answered.

"Yes, it is quite the sight." Iroh said, "Who would have thought that after all these years, I'd return to the scene of my greatest military disgrace.... As a tourist!" Iroh pulled out a hat that he quickly put on and smiled like he didn't have a care in the world.

"Look around." Zuko grumbled, "We're not tourists. We're refugees." He took a sip from the bowl of food he held before spitting it out in disgust, "I'm sick of eating rotten food and sleeping in the dirt. I'm tired of living like this."

"There will be no need to suffer much longer, once this war is over." Zeraphina tried to comfort him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I think a lot of people would love for that to happen soon, don't you?" Someone said behind them.

The three turned around to see two boys and a young girl standing behind them. One of the three smiled with a straw of wheat in his mouth as the other two stood behind him quietly.

"My name's Jet, and these are my Freedom Fighters, Smellerbee and Longshot." The boy, Jet, introduced themselves.

"Hey." Smellerbee greeted while Longshot only nodded without a word.

"Hello." Zuko greeted.

"Nice to meet you." Zeraphina said, "I'm Mingxia, this is Lee and Mushi."

"Nice the meet you, Mingxia. Here's the deal, I hear the captain's been eating like a king while us refugees have to feed off his scraps and leftovers. Doesn't seem fair, does it?"

"Not in the slightest." Zeraphina said.

"What sort of kind is he eating like?" Iroh asked.

"The fat, happy kind." Jet said and Iroh drooled at the thought.