Chapter 37

Appa trudged through the murky and slime filled river the team was traveling through. Zeraphina could feel so much sickness from the river, and she felt sick to her stomach just looking at the brown waters.

"Such a terrible state this river is in."

"Yes, Zeraphina, I can understand your disgust. This place to have such beautiful blue waters and wonderfully tasting fish." The voice said.

"You've been here before?"

"Yes, quite some time ago however, with one of my previous DragonBorns."

"Momo!" Aang shouted, bobbing in and out of the murky water while hiding from his lemur, "Oh, Momo?" Eventually, the lemur finally caught his master and clung to Aang's head.

"You found me, buddy." Aang laughed and jumped back onto Appa, covered in sludge and slime.

"Hey, guys, I think this river's polluted." HE said and used his airbending to clean himself from the slime, and in the process splattered everyone with the sludge. He used his bending again to clean everyone off.

Zeraphina chuckled at Katara and Toph's messed up hair, but then took a glance at her own hair. Some of the red was showing again. She quickly grabbed some of her hair oil and ran it through her short red locks, making sure to get every single strand of red to turn black.

"Well, that explains why I can't catch a fish around here." Sokka said from his place on the back of Appa with a fishing pole in his hands, "Because normally my fishing skills are... off the hook. Get it, like a fishing hook?"

No one laughed at his joke.

"Too bad your skills aren't on the hook."Toph joked, and the group laughed, save for Sokka who frowned and lowered the hook in frustration.

"It looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food." Katara stated, a roll of brightly colored timetables came unrolling in front of them, "Assuming that'll fit into Sokka's master schedule."

Sokka hummed in thought, "Hmm... It's doable. But that means only two potty breaks today."

"I have said it before and I shall say it again, Sokka. Planning out the entire day is a waste of energy and time." Zeraphina sighed.

Suddenly, Aang stood up and pointing out into the distance, "Hey, maybe we can get food there."

Everyone turned their attention to where Aang was pointing and saw a small village floating on the murky waters. They settled themselves on the cliffs out of sight and Aang hide Appa under a sheet of brush.

"Now you look just like a little hill with horns. Bye, buddy." Aang smiled at his hidden bison before running to join the others at the edge of the cliff to look over the water bound village.

"I don't fee anything." Toph said, "Where's this village?"

"It's in the middle of the river." Sokka pointed out.

"Sure is." A voice said from below. The group looked down and saw an old man on a small boat by a makeshift dock. He was dressed in ragged and torn clothes and wore a strange hat on his head, but still had a smile that showed off his missing front teeth.

"My name's Dock. Mind if I ask who you are?" He introduced and asked.

"We're, um, from the Earth Kingdom colonies." Katara lied.

"Wow, colonials. Hop in, I'll give you a ride into town." Dock offered and the group happily accepted it.

The team went down and sat in the boat as Dock rowed them towards the village.