Chapter 43

After learning about the previous DragonBorn, Zeraphina was even more determined to follow in his footsteps that stop the Fire Lord's reign. She practiced daily on using her fire and even gave a few tips on how to firebend to Aang, but he wasn't exactly excited to do so since his past firebending attempts hurt Katara by accident. During their travels, they were found by a strange assassin that seemed to use a form of firebending. It allowed him to blow up things with just a thought. Thankfully they escaped, but the thought of him following them made Zeraphina uneasy.

After traveling across the waters for some time, the group decided to rest on the outskirts of a small town by the cliffs.

With their campsite secured, Aang got back to training on both his water and earth bending, as well as his physical awareness to his surroundings. 

"Ok, I'm ready for some training." He said, tying a blindfold around his head to cover his eyes. Katara, Toph and Zeraphina all stood behind him ready to attack. Aand stomped his foot down hard to the ground, sensing he vibrations of ground below.

Immediately, he could feel that Toph was attacking first, large pillars of earth sprung up from the ground and tried to hit him, but Aang was faster and dodged each attack. He then used his sense of hearing to listen in on the currents Katara was bending. When he heard the water come closer, he spun around and shot the water right back at her.

All of a sudden, he could feel the rush of heat coming towards him and he bent backward to evade the fiery attack before bending a small boulder at Toph. The blind girl caught it and smirked at her student.

"Good job, Twinkle-toes." She praised, "Visualize, then attack." With that she shot the boulder right back at him. Aang dug himself into the ground to dodge, but the boulder hit Katara instead. She fell to the ground grunting from the shock of the boulder.

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph." Katara sneered at her while Aang came back to the surface.

"What's the matter? Can't handle some dirt, Madame Fussy Britches?" Toph teased.

"Girls, this is no time for bickering." Zeraphina said and shot a wave of fire at Aang, to which he dodged again. However, Katara didn't listen and bent a large wave of water at Toph, missing Aang, Zeraphina and herself and soaking Toph to the bone.

"Oh, sorry, did I splash you, mud slug?" Katara said.

Both of the girls, furious and annoyed with each other, bent their respective elements and charged at each other. Thankfully Aang stopped them before they could go too far, thinking that it was part of the training session.

"Are we taking a break?" Aang asked.

"This is ridiculous." Zeraphina sighed seeing how the girls were acting towards each other. She walked over to the two of them and contemplated on using her bending against them, but that would only make the situation worse. It wouldn't be right to make them go cold without a proper warning.

Katara and Toph fought in the mud, each one holding the other back as they struggled.

"Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph shouted kicking the mud into Katara's face.

"I'll give you a mud pie!" Katara shouted back and flung Toph into the pool of mud they created. Toph got back up, flung Katara into the nearby wall with her bending and ran after her. But just then, they felt cold, like shivering in the winter cold. They both fell to the ground holding themselves to warm up, but it was no use.

"That's enough of this little fight, girls." Zeraphina said her hand held out and her palm glowing slightly, "We're supposed to be training the Avatar for the solar eclipse, not fighting against each other."