Chapter 41

The group spent a couple more days with Zeraphina's family, getting much needed rest and training from the other benders in the underground village. Zeraphina's father also talked much about the invasion plan with Sokka, going over whatever details they needed to in order for everything to run smoothly. And with Zeraphina's knowledge of the Fire Nation itself, the plan was even more bulletproof.

However, their time in the underground village came to an end, since their mission was still their top priority. Zeraphina hated saying goodbye to her family, but they understood the importance of her fighting with the Avatar. So, with a few tears and warm goodbye, the village prepared several amounts of different supplies for their journey, including more hair oil for Zeraphina that the earthbenders and the waterbenders made. They claimed that it would stick more with her hair, but was still easy to wash out with enough water and soap. Better safe than sorry, they said. The team then left the village and awaited for the day of Black Sun where they would meet once again.

In the present, the group lay underneath the beauty of the night sky, watching as star fell from the heavens.

"Wow, this is amazing to watch." Katara said in awe.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are." Sokka added.

"Eh, you're seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times." Toph shrugged it off, since she couldn't see anything.

"That's a little harsh, Toph considering that you can see things others can't even without your sight." Zeraphina chuckled.

All of a sudden, one of the stars shone even brighter than the other falling stars. And it was heading in their direction.

"You've never not seen anything like this." Sokka said and everyone stood in attention. The meteor flew over their heads and landed harshly past the nearby mountain range. They all got onto Appa and flew over to see what had happened, but as they flew over the impact site, the group saw that the fire was spreading wildly and threatened a small town nearby.

"The fire is gonna destroy that town." Katara pointed out.

"Not if we can stop it." Aang said.

Appa landed near the fire and let off Zeraphina, Aang, Toph and Sokka while Katara stayed in his head.

"There's a creek over here. I'll bend the water on to the fire." She said and flew with Appa to the creek.

"Toph, let's make a trench to keep the fire from coming any closer." Aang said and ran with Toph to help with the flames.

"What should I do?" Sokka asked, holding up his weapon.

"Take care of Momo." Aang said and Momo flew onto Sokka's shoulder.

"So what, I'm just a lemur-sitter?" He asked sadly and pat Momo on the head, "There, there. Feel better?"

Zeraphina sighed and put her hand on his shoulder to help comfort him, "There's no need to feel so dejected, Sokka."

"Why aren't youhelping them with the fire?" He asked.

"A firebender helping put out a fire? A little backwards, isn't it? Beside, this is good practice for Aang to use his earthbending, he's been a little off for a bit, he needs the training." Zeraphina said.

Zeraphina and Sokka watched as their friends put out the fire, but along the way of watching and getting out range of the fire, they were unfortunately covered with snow as Aang was putting out the remains of the fire. It wasn't so happy for Sokka.

The next day the group went to the town and stayed there for food and the occasional intel about the Fire Nation's war progress. While they were sitting down for lunch, they started talking about what they did the previous night.