𝓣𝔀𝓸

Primrose had a love-hate relationship with her fencing class. She hated the ugly outfit she had to wear but she loved how she was good at the subject.

She was paired up with Enid, practicing with each other as well as the rest of their class with their partners. The only sound you can hear was metal scraping against metal and the grunts from the students.

"So close, yet so far" Primrose said, smugly. She had poked Enid with the covered tip of her sword. (A/N:I'm not sure what they're called lol)

"That's the fourth time. Why won't you just let me win. I wouldn't even care if it was out of pity" Enid whines causing Primrose to laugh.

Her laugh was suddenly stopped by the sound of someone falling into the mat.

"Coach, coach, she tripped me" Rowan, who was paired up with Bianca, says from the ground.

"It was a clear strike, Rowan" Their fencing instructor said, flatly.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck. Seriously coach, when am I going to get some real competition" Bianca sassed.

"Anyone else wanna challenge me?"

Primrose rolled her eyes as she took her helmet off as well as Enid. She was about to cut in and defend Rowan but Wednesday had beat her to it.

"I do"

At this point everyone had stopped practicing and stared at the altercation that was happening. Upon hearing Wednesday, Bianca turned her attention to Wednesday who had declared to go against her.

It was silent in the room now, "world star" Primrose had murmured, causing a few snickers to be heard.

Ignoring that, "Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in" Bianca says, sarcastically.

"And you must be the self-appointed queen bee" Wednesday fired back to which Bianca smirks.

"Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, and they drop dead"

Bianca's smirk falters, staring at the smaller girl.

"That was a good one" Primrose said to Enid who nodded her head in agreement.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless, he's lazy"

"Are we doing this or not?"

Bianca just tilts her head as they both did a silent agreement. Primrose moves to the sidelines to get a better look, right next to Ajax who had his helmet off and his usual black beanie on his head.

Primrose give a small smile to him as she stood next to him. Little did she know he continued to stare at her as she was fixated on Wednesday and Bianca's sparring.

They were both even before they declared to do the military challenge.

"This is the most exciting thing that has happened in this class" Primrose mumbled to Ajax who chuckled but agreed none the less.

They all watched as the two fought, some of them hoping that the new girl would wing against Bianca, but unfortunately she did not.

"Ugh, I definitely thought she had her" Primrose said to Ajax as class was finally over.

"It was a close call. Hey, do you wanna hang out?" Ajax asked, knowing that they both didn't have any classes for the rest of the day.

Primrose smiled brightly, "Sure! We can hang at the quad or if you want we can hang in my dorm, I don't have a roommate" She says, not knowing how the last part sounded.

"Oh gosh, that sounded quite bad" She says, realizing only when Ajax eyes widened. They both laughed.

"It's okay, we can go to your dorm" He says.

"Awesome! Cause I just got a new deck of uno cards" Primrose says excitedly. "I'll meet you in the hall after I finished getting changed" she says before walking into the girls locker room.

Ajax couldn't help the big smile that took his facial features. "Your whipped" Xavier says, playfully nudging his best friend. They both laughed and went into the boys locker room.

Everyone had changed into their uniforms and began continuing their day. Primrose and Ajax were in her dorm like they had planned. They both sat on her bed, playing her new deck of uno cards.

"Uno!" Primrose quickly yelled out, seeing as Ajax had only one card in his hand. He smirked at her before revealing he had two cards, in fact.

"What? That's totally cheating!" She whined, setting down her cards, giving up.

"What? Oh, come on. You're just gonna give up already?" Ajax playfully says, setting his cards down as well.

"I'll get you next time. This was pure luck" She says, gathering all the cards and putting them back in the box. It was silent between the two before Ajax broke it.

"So, the harvest festival is this weekend, you going?" He asked. It may not seem like it but his heart was beating out of his chest. Primrose looked up with a smile.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on going but Enid insisted. Plus, I want to go on the Ferris wheel" She says, shrugging.

"Also, it's mandatory so I kind of don't have a choice"

"Right. Well, you should totally save me a ride" He says. Primrose couldn't help but chuckle.

"Of course" she says, smiling. A wide smile formed on Ajax's face.

"Awesome. I better get going, I'll see you this weekend then" He says, standing up.

"I have class with you tomorrow" Primrose giggled, standing with him. He turns, thinking.

"Oh right, you do. I forgot" He laughs, "see ya" he says, winking at her before exiting her dorm.

She hadn't realized the smile that had stuck on her face until Enid comes barging in with a shocked look.

"Was that Ajax?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yeah, we were just hanging out" Primrose says, going to sit on her desk chair.

"Right, 'hanging out'" Enid says with quotation marks, making Primrose roll her eyes.

"I'm serious! We literally only played Uno. Which sucks, I lost but oh well. Oh, and he asked me to save him a ride on the Ferris wheel" She says, shrugging.

"What!" Enid squealed, excitedly. "He totally likes you!"

"What? No he doesn't, your delusional" Primrose playfully said, waving her hand.

"No, you're the delusional one. Prim, do you not see the way he looks at you. He's completely smitten!" She says, sitting on Primrose's bed.

"Really?" Primrose says, not convinced.

"Absolutely. You'll see" She says, causing Primrose to think. Does he really like her or is Enid being..... well Enid.