𝓣𝓮𝓷

"Stay still!" Enid yelled at the young Fae who flinched when the curling iron accidentally touched her forehead.

"You just burned me! I'm not gonna sit still for that" Primrose whined, rubbing the spot.

"Oh. Sorry" Enid said, sincerely.

"Am I almost done anyway?" Primrose asked.

After curling one last piece of hair, Enid stepped back, smiling widely.

"Yes! And you look perfect!" She squealed. Primrose stood up and looked in her full body mirror.

"Thanks Enid! I look so good!" She complimented, hugging her best friend.

"I can't believe you guys are going on that date! Finally" She said, putting a hand on her hip.

"I know, I had a feeling he forgot about it so I took matters into my own hands" Primrose said, shrugging.

"Good idea. I'm pretty sure he did forget" She said, sitting down on her best friends bed.

"What should I wear?" The young Fae asked.

"Definitely something warm. Oh! You should wear that cute white sweater you have" Enid said, getting up and pulling said sweater out.

Primrose nodded and paired it with black jeans and her black boots. She put the outfit on and slipped on a belt.

"Cute!" Enid said excitedly. Primrose smiled and checked the time.

"I better get going, I don't want to be late" Primrose said excitedly.

Meanwhile, Ajax stood in the showers, about to hop in. Before he forgot, he draped a towel over the mirror. He hopped in, shutting the shower curtain. He was super excited for his date, he wanted it to go perfect.

Unknowingly to Ajax, the towel had fallen off the mirror and he opened the shower curtain and looked into the mirror. He shouted as he turned himself into stone.

Primrose stood outside, excitedly waiting for Ajax so they could go on their date. She had to admit, it was super chilly outside but she just dismissed it as Ajax could keep her warm.

After she checked her watch when it hit 30 minutes, she started to become worried. She sighed, looking around.

"Did he forget?" She mumbled to herself, rubbing her arms for warmth.

After a whole 2 hours passed by, she sighed in anger. He did forget, didn't he? Or maybe he just plain old stood her up. She could feel the tears well up in her eyes but she began to quickly blink them away.

She grunted in frustration, walking back inside and stomping straight to her dorm. Once she was inside, she plopped herself down in her bed, letting the tears escape.

She shouldn't have listened to Enid. She knew he didn't like her like that. How could have she been so stupid? She screamed into her pillow as she sobbed.

The one boy she finally let in, and he stood her up. What are the odds. She sat up, taking a deep breath. She shouldn't wallow in her own pity.

"Don't let a boy do this to you" She mumbled to herself, beginning to pick herself back up. "Be the bad bitch that you are".

She began to get undressed and into her pajamas. She took off her makeup and put her hair in a messy bun. She sighed as she laid back down into her bed. She thought that it was too good to be true.

She vowed to just ignore him. To not even give him the time of day.

—————

"So! How'd it go!" Enid barged into Primrose's dorm, startling the girl who sat at her desk, taking care of her bonsai tree.

"He, uh, he didn't show up" She said, turning back around.

"What" Enid snarled, coming closer to the saddened girl.

"I waited out there for two hours and he didn't show" Primrose said, turning in her seat.

"What" Enid said once again, her eye now twitching.

"I thought he liked me but I guess we were both wrong" Primrose said, turning back and trimming her bonsai.

"I'm going to claw his eyes out" Enid threatened, going to walk out the door but Primrose ran and stopped her.

"Hey! No, it's okay! I'm fine. I'm not going to let him get to me" Primrose shrugged, crossing her arms. Enid sighed and hugged her best friend.

"I'm sorry" She said, sincerely.

"It's okay. I'm over it" The young Fae said, pulling away from her best friend. "Come on, we better get to class".

After Primrose grabbed her bag, the two girls walked out of her dorm, walking towards the greenhouse for Ms. Thornhill's class.

Primrose hoped that this class would make her feel better. The thought of being around all those plants already lightened her mood.

Once they arrived everyone was already seated and about to start. Enid and Primrose quickly took their seats as Thornhill began. Primrose could sense someone staring at her so she looked in their direction.

She turned back to the front, seeing that it was Ajax. He visibly slouched, as she didn't even keep eye contact with him. He tried texting her but she never responded.

This is the first time he's seen her in person. He wanted to explain to her what happened but she wouldn't answer his texts or calls. He was started to get frustrated now.

He was determined to speak to her, even if he had to stone her. He wasn't going to do that, though. But he's willing to do whatever he could to at least get her to listen to him.

As Thornhill talked about one of the plants, Primrose zoned out. Not like she needed to listen anyway, she already knew what plant she was talking about and the facts about it.

She let her head rest on her hand as she could feel his stare on her. She would be lying if she said it didn't make her nervous. She shifted in her seat a little but tried to block him out.

She zoned back in, listening to Ms. Thornhill.