𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

It wasn't long before the whole school found out about Rowan. Apparently he had tried to kill Wednesday but was attacked but a mysterious monster and, supposedly, killed.

"How could that be? I literally saw him, like, an hour ago" Primrose says, confused.

"Yeah, he's very much alive" Enid says, clearly stumped at the thought that Wednesday May or may not be lying.

"You think she made it up?" Primrose wondered. Enid shrugged, plopping down on Primrose's bed.

"I mean, maybe she got caught doing something she wasn't supposed to and made up the lie to save her skin?" Primrose questioned.

Enid shook her head, unconvinced. "I believe Wednesday. Well, sort of. She isn't one to lie. At least I think so".

Primrose sighed as she shrugged her shoulders. "Well, we'll just see what happens. Come on, we have to go paint our canoe for Poe Cup" She says, getting up from her desk chair.

Enid nodded and got up as well, both heading out of Primrose's dorm.

——-

Primrose sat on her knees, painting cat eyes onto the end of the canoe.

"Ladies, come on! Let's work on those teeth. More scowl. This kitty is taking no prisoners" Enid says, to Yoko and another girl who sat at the other end of the canoe, painting.

She walks back to the young Fae and stands next to her.

"If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out!" The platinum blonde says.

"A little extreme, don't you think?" Primrose playfully says. Before Enid could respond, a voice pops up from behind them.

"I would pay money to see that" the familiar monotonous voice of Wednesday Adams. The two girls turned to see her standing there with her arms crossed.

Enid happily skips over to smaller girl, a wide smile on her face.

"Howdy, roomie! I'm so glad you decided to stay" She says, excitedly.

"I thought you wanted your single room back" Wednesday says.

"Full disclosure, I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win-win" Enid shrugs.

Primrose rose to her feet with a confused look. "Wait, what? Who's Thing?" She asked confused.

"It's... well.... I'll introduce you later" Enid says, trying to find the right words. Primrose slowly nodded her head.

"Anyway. Why the sudden change of heart?" Primrose asked, turning to Wednesday.

"I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game"

"You mean Rowan?"

"I witnessed his murder, Enid"

"I mean, well, we all saw him this morning" Primrose said.

"Very much, like, not dead" Enid added.

"I know. Which leads me to believe I've been losing my mind" Wednesday says, scrunching up her eyebrows and looking down.

"It's not nearly as fun as I had anticipated. You're Nevermore's gossip queen. What's Rowan's story" She says, looking at the cheery girl.

"Other than being a weird loner..." Enid started; Primrose nudging Enid in her side who winced a little.

"No offense"

"None taken"

"Xavier Thorpe's roommate. You know, If you had a cellphone, you could just text him and ask him" Enid suggested, turning towards Yoko.

"Yoko! Come on, flare those whiskers. The Poe cups droops for no one" She declares.

Primrose shakes her head, turning towards Yoko. "Your doing great, Yoko. Keep it up" She added with a kind smile.

"What is the Poe cup anyway?" Wednesday asks, causing the two to turn back to her.

"My entire reason for living right now" Enid dramatically says.

"It's a canoe race across the lake. First teams to get their flag to the finish, wins" Primrose explained.

"Part canoe race, part foot chase, no rules" Enid adds, excitedly.

Primrose chuckles, "Each dorm has to pick an Edgar Allan Poe short story for inspiration" she explained.

She felt a little peckish so she held a hand out as a branch from a tree nearby extended its branch, a apple hanging from it. She grabbed it from the branch, internally thanking it as she but into the fruit.

As Enid continued to talk to Wednesday, a certain someone caught the eye of Primrose. Ajax stood a good distance away from them, staring at the young Fae until she noticed him.

They both exchanged shy smiles and waves. Both looking down with wide, lovesick smiles on their faces.

"Hey, stop making googly eyes at Ajax and get back to work" Enid playfully says, nudging Primrose whose cheeks got noticeably red.

"Shut up!" She whined, going back to painting the canoe. "Shouldn't you be helping?" She asked.

"I am"

"Standing over us, criticizing our work isn't helping" Primrose playfully says.

"I'm not criticizing! More like helpful suggesting" Enid says, matter of factly.

"Hey! Prim!" A male voice sounded from beside them. They both looked towards the voice seeing Ajax walking up to them.

"Hey Ajax" the two said simultaneously. Enid took that time to go and 'help' Yoko. She bid a quick goodbye and walked away.

"Your canoe looks cool. Too bad your not going win though" Ajax says, shrugging playfully.

Primrose scoffed. "As if. That's a lot of big talk for someone who's going to lose".

Ajax held his hands up in surrender. "But really, your canoe looks cool".

"Thanks. Your guys' don't look to bad either" she says, making him chuckle as they looked at his half painted canoe.

"I better get back to it, see you around" He says, walking backwards back to him group. Primrose waved goodbye with a smile, turning around to see Enid smirking at her.

"Don't say a word"

"I wasn't going to"