𝓢𝓲𝔁

"Alright, so what plant is... this one?" Primrose and Ajax sat in her dorm, helping Ajax with his homework like they talked about. They were on their last question.

"Uhhh" Ajax scrunched up his eyebrows in thought. Primrose had to admit he was really cute when he's thinking.

"Nepenthes aristolochioides?" He guessed. The wide smile that formed on Primroses face proved that he got the question correct.

"Yes! Good job!" She cheered, clapping her hands. He chuckled, writing the answer down.

"That was finally the last question" She said, packing up her own work into her bag as Ajax did the same.

"Thank you, again. I definitely wouldn't have done that myself, correctly" He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he let out a nervous laugh.

"No problem at all. The subject is pretty hard cause all the names are long and hard to pronounce" She says, shrugging.

"Totally, like, who thought of all these names? Who thought these names would totally fit these plants?" He thought. They both laughed at that.

"For real though" Primrose agreed. She looked at the time on her phone her eyes widened.

"Oh gosh, it's 11:23pm" she says. As if her body was finally feeling how late it was, she let out a big yawn.

"That was fast. I should get going" Ajax says, getting up and swinging his bag over his shoulder.

Primrose walked him to the door as he opened it. "Thanks again. I'll...uh.... See you tomorrow" He says, awkwardly.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" She says but none of them made the move to leave. They stared at each other with smiles on their faces.

It was almost like something was pulling them into each other but when Primrose noticed she snapped out of it.

"Oh! Um, I'm so sorry! I.... I don't know what I was thinking" She said, embarrassed.

Ajax cleared his throat, "It's okay, your totally... okay. I'm... uh.. I'm gonna get going" He said, awkwardly. He did a quick wave of goodbye before walking away.

Primrose shut her door and stood there, letting everything process. She was so close to kissing him. She cringed in embarrassment.

Was it bad that she actually did want to kiss him?

———-

It was the next day. Primrose and Enid were currently outside painting their canoe.

"No way! You guys almost kissed!" Enid couldn't help but squeal out. Primrose was quick to shush Enid, causing her to quickly calm down.

"You guys should just start dating! The sexual tension is obviously there" Enid said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Sexual tension? Definitely not. But feelings for each other? Maybe" Primrose said. Enid shrugged, continuing to paint when Wednesday walked up to the two girls.

"I have to get back to the woods, but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling carcass" She said as she approached them.

"And you want us to cover so that you can return to the scene of the crime that didn't happen?"Enid explained.

"I have beekeeping club this afternoon. I need you both as decoy" Wednesday explained. Both Primrose and Enid looked at each other, scrunching up their nose.

"Sorry. Two strikes. I'm busy and bees totally creep me out" Enid says.

"I have plans" Primrose lied, shrugging. In all honesty, she didn't feel right being an accomplice to something that could turn against her in the long run.

"Why don't you ask Thing? Wait, you can't because he's mad at you" Enid explained.

"Why is he mad? He's the one who screwed up with Rowan" Wednesday said.

"All I know is that we spent an hour giving each other manis, and he really opened up" Enid said.

"Yeah, Wednesday you were pretty harsh on him. He tried his best" Primrose cut in. Wednesday internally rolled her eyes.

"He feels like you don't respect as a person" Enid told her.

"Technically he's only a hand"

"Wednesday! he's your family. And he would do anything for you" Enid exasperated.

"Yeah. You better appreciate him or something might happen and it'll be too late" Primrose suggested, sincerely.

"Go apologize and we'll reconsider helping you" Enid says. Wednesday quickly walked away.

"Poor thing" Primrose sighed. Enid agreed as they continued to paint their canoe.

———
Ajax stood a good distance away from Primrose and Enid, talking to Xavier.

"Dude, you have to ask her" Xavier said, nudging Ajax in the side.

"I can't! She's gonna reject me" Ajax said, nervously.

"You won't know until you ask her" Xavier said, rolling his eyes. Ajax sighed, looking over at the girl he was currently crushing over.

He watched as she laughed at something Enid said. Man, he could hear her laugh all the way from where he was, making his heart flutter.

"Go before someone steal her away" Xavier voice break him out of his trance. Ajax furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his friend.

"Huh?"

"Hurry up, she's walking away" Xavier pushed Ajax towards the direction Primrose was, walking away.

———

"Please! Come with me!" Enid begged. She was currently on her way to cover for Wednesday.

"I- uh... no" Primrose let out.

"Jeez, some best friend you are" Enid said, pouting.

"I'm sorry! I just- I have plans" Primrose said. Enid rolled her eyes.

"I know your lying but I'm not even going to get into it with you" She dismissed causing Primrose to smile.

"You'll be fine. Just, stay calm" Primrose instructed. "And if you get stung, I can heal you".

"I don't want to get stung at all!"

"Oh, you'll be fine"

"I hate you"

"I love you too! Have fun!" Primrose said, bidding her best friend a goodbye and walking away.

"Prim! Hey wait up!" Ajax voice caught the attention of Primrose. She stopped and turned to see Ajax catching up with her.

"Hey" She smiled as he finally approached her.

"Hey, I got a question for you"

"Shoot"

"Do you wanna- uh" Ajax started. His nervousness finally taking its toll. He cleared his throat as Primrose wait patiently, a kind smile on her face.

"Uh- d-do you wanna, like, g-go in a date with me... or something" He stuttered out.

Primrose was shocked to say the least. Was Enid right?

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you" She accepted. He looked at her in shock before quickly covering it with a wide smile.

"Awesome! I'll- uh- ill text you later for the details" He said, happily.

"Oddly enough, I don't have your number" Primrose giggled, "here" She said. She got out a pen and gently grabbed his hand. She wrote her phone number on the top of his hand.

"There, text me whenever. I'll see you later" She said, walking away leaving a love struck Ajax standing there staring after her.