𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

Primrose stood in her dorm, staring at herself in the mirror. Her beautiful purple wings outstretched behind her and her pointed ears being shown from its usual hiding place under her hair.

She hadn't let her wings out in what felt like years. She turned her body slightly to see more of her backside. Her wings fluttered, trying their hardest to lift her but to no avail.

She couldn't fly. The kids at her village used to make fun of her for that. Even their parents. Her mother didn't know that.

She didn't know that her daughter couldn't use her own wings to fly. Primrose didn't know how she hid it from her mother all this time but she was thankful she could.

Who knows what her mother would do to her after finding out. Needless to say, she never asked or cared to see if she could fly. Her mother thought that her daughter was quite popular. Taking after her.

So when Primrose asked to attend Nevermore her mother was quite confused at the sudden request. None the less, she agreed.

Suddenly there was a knock on her door, breaking her out of her . She was about to put her wings back in hiding but decided against it. Letting them stretch out after being tucked away from so long.

She walked over to her door opening it to see Ajax. She gasped, not expecting the gorgon to be at her door. She would have thought Enid was the culprit but not Ajax.

The boy stared at her wings with wide eyes. Primrose felt his gaze on them and immediately got self conscious. She quickly put them away, red tinting her cheeks.

"I- I didn't know you had wings" Ajax said, astonished. He stared at her in amazement. Could she get any hotter? He shook the thoughts out of his head.

"Yeah, I just keep them hidden. I'm letting them stretch" She explained, looking down.

"That's badass" He cheered. Primrose giggled, looking up at him.

"So, what's up?" She asked him, leaning on the doorframe.

"Oh, right. Enid wants throw Wednesday a little surprise for her birthday. She wanted me to tell you come" Ajax said, his hands buried in his front pockets.

"It's her birthday? I didn't know that"

"Neither did I. I'm not sure how Enid knows but she does" He shrugged.

"Enid knows everything about everyone" Primrose giggled.

"Let me just change and I'll be right out" Ajax nodded his head as she shut her door. He leaned on the wall across from her door, waiting. Once she was ready she stepped out.

"Ready?" He asked to which she nodded. The two of them made their way out to the woods, heading to Crackstone's crypt.

Once they got there, Xavier, Yoko and two other people that Primrose didn't recognize, were already there. Xavier held a black cake with a Grim reaper on the top.

"Awe that's looks so cute" Primrose gushed.

"I think I did pretty well with it" Xavier boasted, looking at his creation. Primrose nodded in agreement.

"I can't wait to eat that" Ajax said, eyeing the cake. Xavier furrowed his eyebrows, pulling the cake away further from Ajax. Primrose giggled as Ajax threw his hands up, letting them fall.

Primrose's phone chimed, signaling she had gotten a message. It was a message from Enid.

"Oh, Enid and Wednesday are right outside" Primrose informed.

"Hide!" Xavier whisper-yelled. Everyone scrambled to hide behind the stone block in the middle of the crypt.

The door to the crypt suddenly opened then closed with a slam. Primrose jumped, slightly at the echoing sound. Ajax thought that she was a little frightened by being in here so he held her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

Primrose looked over to him, smiling at him, hoping that he could see her in the little light that there was.

Wednesday's semi quiet and calculated footsteps could almost go unheard by the group if it wasn't so quiet and echoing in the crypt. They heard her approach the little room that was in the center, where they were currently in.

"Enid?" The girl in black asked. As she said that, Enid had snuck her way to where to group hid. Primrose wanted to ask how she had done that without alerting Wednesday but decided not to considering they couldn't make a sound.

But that went out the window when Ajax had coughed, making everyone shush him. That definitely didn't go unnoticed by Wednesday.

She shined her flashlight in their direction, "Whoever you are, show yourself. Try anything and you'll lose limbs" She threatened.

They had decided that since their cover has been blown they need to show themselves. Xavier was the first one to pop out, followed by the rest of the group. All of them singing happy birthday, whilst Enid held the cake, the sparklers on it lit up.

Once they had finished, Wednesday looked behind her to see Thing sitting on a pillar.

"I should have known you were behind this. What part of the "no party under the penalty of death" do you not understand?" Wednesday sneered.

"I thought my cake design was pretty inspired" Xavier spoke up.

"The pink balloon was my little touch. Why don't you make a wish" Enid suggested taking a step forward.

The sparklers had died out when Wednesday saw something on the wall behind her. Wednesday had mumbled that the writing on the wall was in Latin.

"Fire will rain, when I rise" Wednesday read.

"Okay, that's not really a wish" Enid stated.

"Wait, she can speak Latin? Since when?" Primrose wondered to herself. 

"She always did" Enid confirmed.

"The first part of the phrase was burned onto Nevermore's lawn. It can't be a coincidence" Wednesday said.

"Wait, we're never eating that cake, are we?" Ajax  realized. Primrose rubbing his arm, shaking her head.

When Wednesday touched the writing on the wall, her head was suddenly thrown back and she fell on her back, into a vision.

"Is she okay?!" Primrose asked, rushing to the unconscious girl.

"I'm not sure" Enid said, thinking. Primrose held her hand out, trying to heal the unconscious girl but to no avail. She didn't need to be healed.

Suddenly she had woken up, startling Primrose who stood up and back away, letting the girl get up on her own and regroup herself.

"I have to go" Wednesday said, taking Thing with her and exited the crypt. Enid turned towards the group with a smile.

"More cake for us"