Act 1: Part 1

(Quotes at the top do not belong to me!)

"Sasuke, I would like to inform you of your niece's whereabouts," Uchiha Itachi told his younger brother with a small smile. Sasuke frowned.

"Niece?" Itachi smiled softer at the 17 year old as his reanimated body started to disappear slightly.

"Yes. She is my daughter, born about a month ago. She was named Minako in honour of our mother and my mother-in-law. Her mother has passed on, so she is staying with her mom's friend in Sunagakure." Sasuke's breath caught in his throat after hearing his niece's name. He almost teared up in happiness. Almost.

"I'm still going to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village. After that, I will take your daughter in, nii-san." Itachi told Sasuke her location and placed his forehead against his brother's.

"I know. No matter what you decide to do from now on, I will love you forever. Please tell Mina that her mama and papa are always watching over her." With that, Uchiha Itachi disappeared, never to return to the physical world again...

A few months later, Uchiha Sasuke was pardoned of all crimes after the war's conclusion and was standing in front of Konohagkure's gates. His old sensei, Hatake Kakashi, and teammate, Haruno Sakura, stood in front to see him off. The pair didn't understand why he had to leave again so soon.

"To atone for my sins," he had explained. The pink haired teen, Sakura, ran forward before Sasuke could leave.

"Please take me with you, Sasuke-kun!" the girl cried out. The Uchiha frowned as tears filled the girl's eyes. Sasuke gently tapped her forehead with his middle and pointer finger.

"My sins have nothing to do with you. Maybe next time." Sakura blushed at his actions as he walked away from the village, leaving her with a small "thank you".

******

The large gates of Sunagakure came into Sasuke's view and he smiled faintly. He was ready to walk right in, but the gate guards stopped him in his tracks. Some shinobi were still bitter toward the black haired male and the guard's attitude made that obvious.

"What are you doing here in Suna?" he spat, eyeing Sasuke. Before he could answer, a familiar redhead came into view.

"What is going on here?" the redhead asked calmly.

"Kazekage-sama! The war traitor is here!" the guard said quickly. The redhead, Gaara, frowned.

"Sasuke-san was pardoned for his crimes and is therefore welcome in Suna." With that all questions were answered and Sasuke walked through the gates.

"What are you doing in Suna anyway, Sasuke-san? I would have expected you to be in Konoha."

"My brother had a daughter and left her here. I'm here for her," Gaara's eyes widened before turning back to normal.

"I believe I know who you are talking about. Follow me." Seeing the redhead walking in a different direction, Sasuke had no choice but to follow. He let out a small "hn" as Gaara stepped up to a small house.

"Before I leave, I probably should tell you this. Her mother, despite being in that organisation, used to send me letters when I was younger. She was a good friend to me. By allowing her daughter refuge here, regardless of the status of her parents, I am able to repay her mom for her kindness. She will always be welcome here." The black-haired shinobi widened his eyes and he immediately knew who the Kazekage was talking about.

"[ERROR]-nee was her mother?! I knew her!" He spoke with shock, though his face remained stoic. Gaara nodded.

"Yes. [ERROR] gave the child and a message to my sister, asking Temari to give her to someone she knew in Suna. We only recently learned who wrote those letters to me when we compared the handwriting." Sasuke nodded in understanding.

"Did she tell you the daughter's name?"

"Yes, she said her name was Minako, but didn't give a last name. The child does look like your brother now that I think about it. I better get back to work. I hope she is the one you're looking for, Sasuke-san." As Gaara disappeared from view in a flurry of sand, Sasuke looked deep in thought.

"I can't believe you ended up marrying and having a child with her, nii-san." he muttered before shaking his head and knocking on the door of the house. A few moments later, the door opened revealing a middle-aged woman with soft brown curls and a slightly wrinkled face.

"Ah, hello! What can I do for you?" Sasuke smiled faintly.

"I'm here for my niece. My name is Uchiha Sasuke." the woman nodded, a smile set on her face.

"You're the infamous Uchiha, eh? Mina-chan does look a lot like you, though I suppose it makes sense since you're her uncle. My name is Tsubaki. I was told you may come for her, but if you harm her, I'll kill ya!" the woman scowled slightly as she eyed the male who lacked violent intent, before making her way to a room with Sasuke following closely. He walked up to the crib in the centre of the room. Inside was a baby about five months old, dressed in a coral-colored onesie with a black tuff hair on her tiny head. The infant opened her eyes revealing dark purple irises that shifted to glance at the seventeen-year-old. She tilted her head curiously, seemingly taking in his features. An intelligent child, Sasuke had concluded. Tsubaki picked up the baby girl and passed her to Sasuke who held her carefully in his one arm. She didn't cry, just continued to study him. Soon, Sasuke left the house after thanking Tsubaki, Minako held gently in his arm and all her things were in a scroll that he placed in his pouch.

"Take good care of her, Uchiha-san! Her mother meant a lot to me." the older woman gave her departing words.

After much thought toward their future, the male decided to allow the baby girl to call him papa. He didn't want her to question where her parents were, not yet anyway. After all, it was his fault she was an orphan now. He didn't mind though as he was beginning to appreciate the presence of the small girl.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Minako was originally named Mikoto with the nickname of Miko instead of Mina.

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed the first part of Symphony of The Fallen Crow! I'm super excited to begin publishing each part, speaking of: The Acts in this story are similar to the Arcs in an anime and the Parts are like the episodes. Though some parts are shorter than others, this is all done for a reason! Anyways, the next part will be out soon, I'm just editing it. Along the way, I might add drawings of Mina, so keep an eye out for that!                                     See ya soon!

-Author-chan

Published: 12/01/2022                                                                                                                                                     Word count: 1,139