Act 8: Part 1

"I have a mission befitting the Akai Bara (Red Rose) and the Kuroi ha (Black Blade)." the blonde man declared as he leaned back in his chair and gazed at the two fifteen-year-olds, one a Chunin and one a Jounin.

"What's our mission, Hokage-sama?" a girl with short black hair and red eyes questioned as she and her companion kneeled before the man. Her companion was a certain girl with calm purple eyes, ebony locks, and a stoic expression that stayed focused on the village leader.

"The Chunin exams will be coming up and I need talented shinobi to help with village relations. I have already sent other shinobi to the other villages but I still need to send one to Amegakure and Kirigakure, which is where you two come in, 'ttebayo." Their eyes widened slightly. "The Mizukage specifically asked for you, Mina-chan, and I feel you'll be a good match for Amegakure, Mirai-chan. Now, any questions?"

"How long will we be staying there? What will we be doing? Who is the Amekage and I didn't know that Amegakure was a major village?" Naruto's blue eyes comically whitened at the number of questions thrown his way.

"Ah, I guess I should've explained better, 'ttebayo. Sorry about that. The amount of time you'll be gone will depend on which village you'll be going to. Mina, you will be gone longer since Kirigakure is farther away than Amegakure. Not counting travel time, you will be there for a week and then you'll travel back here with their participants and assistants. For the week that you're there, you and that Kage will discuss plans for travel, our customs, and the other stuff I have listed here, 'ttebayo." Naruto gestured to a small stack of papers on his desk. 

"You guys didn't know that Amegakure was a major village now? I'll have to talk to the academy teachers..." he muttered the last part to himself with a frown, before quickly erasing it from his face.

"There will also be free time while you are there, so be sure to check out their village. As for your other question, the Amekage is Lady Suzuki who is actually the daughter of one of my old enemies." Naruto paused, remembering the periwinkle haired girl gave him a small yet heartfelt smile all those years ago.

"Thank you... Uzumaki Naruto."

"Don't worry about that though, they were reformed and Suzuki-san is a great leader. She and her mother were actually the ones who were able to make Amegakure a major village. To be honest, I don't know much about it, 'ttebayo." Lord Seventh stood up and walked over to the girls, ruffling their hair with his signature smile. It was a story for another time

"I believe that you two will represent our village well. Mina will leave in four days and Mirai will leave in six days." The girls nodded at each other and gave a determined expression to the man.

"We will do our best, Lord Seventh!" 

********

𝑺𝒖𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒊 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒏

From the moment she was born, Suzuki's parents knew she would be a light in the dark times of the Hidden Rain Village/Amegakure. She became another reason for their goals to succeed, at least mostly.

The young girl couldn't remember her father, he had been killed when she was a year old, but when she saw the 'face' of her Uncle Nagato, she knew he was somehow her father. When she started calling him father- he had the same face as her after all- her mother froze up and he gently yet sternly told her not to call him that, for her to only call him Uncle Nagato and later, Uncle Pain. 

Suzuki was smart, more than the average four-year-old. When the masked man began to show up at her house that she shared with her mama and uncle, she knew to stay silent, not to say anything in his or the plant man's presence. For her good behavior, her mama and uncle protected her from their scary aura.