Act 5: Part 4

Mina pulled her sandals onto her feet and stood up, checking if she was presentable in the mirror.  After a once over, she made her way toward the hotel's entrance. A squeak escaped the girl when a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into a broom closet that stood some feet from the entrance. So close, yet so far. 

"Mina, what are you doing awake at this hour?!" her best friend asked her with a concerned hushed tone. The Uchiha let out a sigh of relief, but the fact that she was caught made her flush with embarrassment.

"I'm, uh, going on a walk. Couldn't sleep, achi." Mina mentally groan when Mirai gave her an unimpressed look.

"I know you're lying. You only use your verbal tic now when you're excited, nervous, or mad. I can tell you're nervous despite the fact that I can barely see." The black haired girl let out a sigh and tapped her index fingers together, looking away.

"Fine. I'm going out to meet with someone. A, uh, friend." Mirai could tell from her tone of voice that she was blushing, what kind of best friend would she be if she didn't notice that tiny detail?

"A cute person, eh?" the girl giggled quietly, nudging Mina's side with her elbow. 

"Uh, maybe. Look, I gotta go meet up with him or I'll be late. I'll tell you about it later." Mirai agreed knowing that Mina would have ran out of the room despite her asking more questions. She'd get the gossip later, she supposed, watching the Uchiha's form get smaller.

*******

Mina rubbed her temple with her index finger with a groan. She could already feel the beginnings of a headache forming. Mina paused in her movements, when she saw the person she was looking for. He was leaning against the brick wall of the hotel in casual clothing, his face litting up when he saw her.

"Minako-chan! You came. I was worried you had ditched me." he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck with a sheepish grin. The two of them began to walk side by side down the empty, mist covered road.

"I wouldn't ditch you, Kagura-kun. Have more faith in me!" She giggled slightly at his awe-filled expression. The two of them sat down on the same park bench as the day before in silence. Mina had her leg cross over the other one, with her arms crossed over her chest with a content expression, while Kagura was biting his lip, debating on asking a saying what was plaguing his mind.

"You know, You must be pretty ignorant to even be near me." Mina raised both of her eyebrows in surprise and gazed at him incredulously. What was he going on about? "The people here, they call me a-"

"-a monster because of who your grandfather was?" Mina interrupted, a frown set on her face. Kagura's eyes widened in shock as he looked up at her from the ground.

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"I read about your grandfather from a book of famous shinobi and clan leaders. When you said your last was Karatachi, I immediately knew." Her nonchalance confused the poor boy.

"If you know, then why be so kind to me?" He urged for answers.

"Because I also have ancestors I'm not proud of. You see, one of my ancestors was Uchiha Madara, the one who caused the first and fourth shinobi wars. My paternal grandfather wanted to take over Konoha with a coup d'etat. My father," She paused, debating on whether to tell him, but knew he should hear it. She didn't want him to feel alone anymore. "My father decided to side with the village and killed off the entire clan only leaving his younger brother, my uncle- adopted father, alive. They both became criminals and went rogue too. I relate to your pain as well, though no one calls me a monster or other rude names because my birth father was declared a hero, I still understand not being proud of your ancestry." Mina glanced over at the boy to see him looking at her with awe and wonder. Though a part of her wondered if she should have shared so many secrets with the boy, her heart told her not to regret it.

"I don't think I ever even met my grandfather since he died when my father was still young." He looked at her with a smile and a hopeful light in his bright pink colored eyes, "Mina, thank you for that and for being my first friend." Kagura reached out and pulled the surprised girl into a hug.

"And don't worry, I won't tell anyone about your lineage." he mumbled into her hair. The girl closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, relaxing into the hug. After a few moments, they pulled away and smiled toward each other. Kagura told Mina more about his parents and what they were like before they died. The two felt a bond unlike anything either had ever felt before. They couldn't describe it, but it's why they trust each other so much.

********

"Can I ask you a question?" the boy asked hesitantly. Mina nodded, gesturing for him to continue.

"Can you tell me about your birth mother, since you know about mine?" Mina pursed her lips, gathering her limited knowledge of her mother in her head.

"To be honest, I don't know much about mother. Her name was Uchiha Aneko. Father met her before he left the village, in childhood, I think. From the picture Dad gave me a few months ago, she had ****** hair and dark purple colored eyes like mine. That's all I really know- oh! She also was really incredible at kinjutsu and a clan jutsu ******* ******* *******."

"But that technique is from the ******* clan?" Mina shrugged, unable to answer why her mother could use that technique.

"That aside though, What an interesting clan to be from. The same as the *** ****, ******* *****, right?" He said before shifting slightly on the bench. Mina nodded, gazing off into the foggy sky.

"Do you really have to leave tomorrow?" Kagura frowned and turned his gaze toward the girl, who returned it with a grimace.

"Sadly, yes. My little sister would be upset if I stayed here anyway. We can always exchange letters since I have my crow summonings." The Uchiha presented the sandy haired boy with a closed eye smile.

"Besides, even if we're apart, we can still be there for each other!" When she opened her dark purple eyes, she saw him looking away from her. When he turned back around she could see a pink tint on his pale (face) cheeks, she wisely didn't comment on it.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Author-chan loves making reader guess what's under the asterisks, hehe.

A/N: Hello everyone! So here's some hints regarding Mina's mother since you all are very curious, I'm sure. So the number of asterisks' match the amount of letters in what they are saying. It's not just a random number of asterisks, so have fun guessing! I was going to do the [ERROR] thing again, but I think this is more fun and gives you guys a chance to guess. If you manage to figure out what the asterisks say, it gives you information about Mina, however, what is being said and information on Mina's mother will be revealed in about 10 chapters (RIP). I am happy to announce her name tho! She is in fact an OC of mine (because no canon character is worthy of Itachi 😤), but she plays a pretty big role in the story itself, so make sure to pay attention 😉! Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to add this story to your library, vote on it, comment, and share! It's a huge help to me! See y'all next week!

-Author-chan :)

Q: Which character is your least favorite?

A: Danzo. I hate that guys with all of my being. He is #1 on my hated anime characters list.

Published: 05/03/2023

Word Count: 1,307