Act 5: Part 5

Standing at the back of the ship, Mina watched as Kagura and his other classmates grew smaller. She leaned as far forward as the railing allowed, wanting to catch one last glance of his- the students smiling faces. Meanwhile, Mirai stood off to the side making sure Mina didn't fall overboard and though they both knew water walking, it would've caused an inconvenience for all involved. her crimson eyes softened with a fondness, Mina was hardly an inconvenience. Oh, the things she did for her best friend.

********

"Alright, children. You'll have the rest of the week off to train and spend time with your loved ones. So, get home and rest up!" Hideki-sensei exclaimed as the gates of Konoha came into view. The students were quick to scatter, eager to return home.

"I bet you're going home to write him a letter, aren't you?" Mirai teased the girl as the two walked together in the direction of where their homes were. Mina sighed in playful annoyance. her best friend had been teasing her a lot since she had told her about Kagura. Though it was rather annoying, Mina could never truly be mad at Mirai.

"Maybe. Maybe not. Guess you'll never know." she exclaimed, dramatically as she entered her home and closed the door. Mirai hadn't noticed that they had walked by her house and was shocked. Mina was kind of sad that she had missed Mirai's expression, but it was so worth imagining it.

*******

The Uchiha walked down the streets of Konoha toward the Akimichi clan's compound, all while she passed minuscule smiles and waved at the people passing her. She knocked on the door of the main house and greeted the darker skinned woman who had opened it.

"Hello, Karui-san! I'm here to pick up Sarada." The matriarch of the Akimichi clan received the girl with a smile and opened the door wider.

"Please come in. I'll go get her." 

"Nee-chan!" Mina's five-year-old sister cheered happily as she hugged the girl around her waist.

"Mina-nee! Will you play ninja with us?" Mina chuckled at Karui's daughter and Sarada's best friend's enthusiasm. She patted Chocho's head and gave her a closed eyed, tight lipped smile.

"Sorry, Cho-chan. I can't play with you today. Mom wanted me to pick up Sarada." Chocho pouted and the older girl patted her head again.

"Maybe next time." Mina thanked Karui for watching Sarada and the two walked away, the younger girl being piggybacked by Mina.

"I missed you, Nee-chan! It was so lonely with just me and mama." Mina smiled at her beloved sister over her shoulder.

"I missed you as well, Sara-chan." The two girls made their way toward their house. If someone were to look at the two, they would've seen the silhouette of an older boy in Mina's place, carrying a younger boy. Matching smiles on both sibling's faces.

Author-chan's Inquiry: Author-chan wants to know how Choji and Karui met and what that's all about.

A/N: Hello All! I am so sorry that this chapter is really short. I've been busy moving back home and doing finals so I haven't had time to add onto this chapter. Besides that, I hope you all have a great day and make sure to vote on this chapter! Seen ya next week!

- Author-chan :)

I'm so inconsistant with remembering to do questions 💀

Q: which clan would you like to be a part of?

A: Uzumaki or Nara

Published: 05/12/2023

Word Count: 540