Act 3: Part 3

Snake. Ram. Monkey. Boar. Horse. Tiger.

"Firestyle: Fireball jutsu!" A large fireball left Mina's lips and hovered above the pond before disappearing. It was a truly angelic sight with the girl's long black hair flowing backwards from the wind that was created, along with the skirt she wore. She panted and placed her hands on her knees, out of breath. A smile stretched across her lips as she heard a clap, followed by more. She ignored the shuffles of fanboys and fangirls in the bushes and turned to where Sakura sat on the grass, watching her daughter practice with Sarada on her lap

"Well done, sweetie. I think that one was larger than the one before." Her mother commented as Mina made her way over to her family and plopped down onto the soft turf. Sarada leaned toward her big sister with her hands pressed together and large sparkling eyes.

"Tha' was sooo cool, nee-chan! Will I do that too?" Minako gave her a closed eye smile and patted her head, the younger girl beaming even more.

"Thanks!, Mama, Sara-chan! You'll probably learn it when you're older, 'chi. I'll teach you when the time comes, 'kay?" She received an eager nod. Sakura smiled at the two girls and handed both of them a bento box that she had packed as that day was a Sunday, meaning no school for the six-year-old. She had planned a little get together for herself and the two girls at the pond near the old Uchiha compound. Unfortunately, she hadn't anticipated that the fans would follow and resulted in ignoring them as well no matter how much she wanted to give into her motherly instincts to give them food and lots of cuddles.

********

-Flashback to earlier-

Sarada loved her big sister more than anything, except their mother of course. She enjoyed watching the hot orange stuff leaving her lips, and the way her sister kicked and punched the tall tree until it flew out of the ground- though, not actually. She saw her in a different manner than reality- a more idolizing way. She hated when the older girl would leave for hours at a time, while she would stay with their mother at her work or have a playdate with Chocho. 

Today, however, was different. Sakura had taken that day off from her work at the hospital to spend the day with her children. She watched with affection as her younger daughter followed her older one around as the six-year-old was getting ready. It started the previous night, though was a recurring experience, Sarada sat by the front door, awaiting Mina's return. She proceeded to cling to her the rest of the evening- through dinner and homework time, and much to her delight, the older girl allowed Sarada to sleep with her in  her bed. She clung to her there as well. Mina didn't mind though, she enjoyed spending time with her baby sister and the attention may have been inflating her ego just a bit. Only a tiny bit though. 

As the family of three walked, Sarada joyfully held Mina's hand, swinging it and skipping with excitement. The six-year-old smiled in amusement at her sister, before turning to their mother. 

"Mama?" She called for the woman's attention.

"Yes?" Sakura answered, gazing down at her oldest daughter with soft green eyes. Mina looked up with her own full of curiosity. 

"Has papa written anything, yet?" 

'What's a papa again?' The excited two-year-old wondered to herself, before shrugging and continuing with her strides. The woman put a finger to her chin, pondering the question.

"Hm, not this week. He said he'd write as soon as he can in his last letter." She smiled lightly toward the girls, but it quickly turned down as she noticed Mina's unhappy expression.

"I miss papa, 'chi." The pinkette's heart broke at the kicked puppy look the girl was sporting.

"I know, Mi-chan..." Sakura struggled to think of a way to cheer her up, before a light bulb appeared above her head. "Why don't you show me and Sarada the jutsu you're working on." The grin that appeared on Mina's round face made the woman feel warm and fuzzy inside. She wanted to protect that smile. For Sasuke. For her late brother and sister-in-law. For Sarada. For the prospect of a bright future.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Most ideas for the story came to Author-chan as she wrote them, others were thought out when she was bored.

Hello Everyone! I wanted to apologize for updating later in the week more recently, though it makes me glad not to have set a specific day... I've been busy with college stuff lately, but I will continue to keep my promise of uploading once a week. If that ever changes, which I don't think it will, I will put out an announcement. With that outta the way, I hope you guys enjoyed that part! Not the most interesting, I am aware, but surprisingly, I find myself enjoying fanfics with more slice of life styles. If that's not your thing, that's fine. There will be action kind of(?) soon and it'll be good! Anyways, Please vote on this part and add this story to your library (shares help too :D) Have a great rest of the week~!

- Author-chan :)

Published: 02/24/2023

Word Count: 877