Act 9: Part 6

"... the guy from my year's Chunin exams wanted to use me to create an Uchiha army to kill you, Dad." The events of what had happened floated through the air as the three adults listened carefully, yet patiently. All three of them felt angry at this boy and even sweet Naruto wanted to yeet a bijuu bomb at the boy had Mina hadn't gotten him first. Sasuke was clenching his fist, so hard that he thought his hand might break, as Mina told her story, a memory flowing through his head.

"There was a ninja that went rogue and was causing trouble. That's all I can tell you. You don't need to worry about it."

Oh, how the Uchiha hoped this rogue guy, Roku or whatever, wasn't the one he was searching for before. Sakura felt enraged, her inner demanding vengeance against her baby, but she controlled the urge and continued to hold Mina close to her as the girl's occasional sniffles and hiccups filled the room.

"... He implanted the eyes of Grandpa Fugaku into my own, so no more purple, I guess." Mina chuckled, numbly. It was silly, but she felt like she lost a part of her identity by losing the eye color she had shared with her birth mother, one of the only noticeable similarities they had. Now that was gone.  

"So now, I have the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan." Sasuke and Sakura's heads both snapped up in surprise. Neither had known she even had the Mangekyou in the first place. Deciding upon interrogation later, Sasuke put his hand on her cheek, looking into the eyes his own father used to gaze sternly at him with. Onyx, just like the members of his clan all used to have. Now he and his two daughters have it too. A sense of happiness filled his chest at the thought, but he squashed it down. This was not the time.

Sasuke watched as her eyes lost their black hue and shifted to that familiar crimson.

"Take it easy, Mina. You're still hurt." Sakura lightly scolded the girl, only to widen in surprise when the girl turned to look at her with teary eyes full of sorrow.

"Please, Mama. Let me show you. I'll be okay. I should have told you about him." Without waiting for a response, Mina's three tomoe swirled into that extremely intricate rose. The three adults would have admired the design more if it wasn't for the man who appeared next to her.

Naruto and Sakura both spoke his name in shock, but Sasuke remained quiet. He knew what he saw when he, Naruto, Gaara, and a few rescue teams found her, but he thought it was his imagination. His brother had been by the child's side for a while, most likely from when her team was killed, but it never occurred to him that she may have gotten her Mangekyou from the experience. He felt like such a horrible father. How had he not seen the signs?

They all watched as the man, who was once a wanted criminal, tenderly stroked Mina's head as she wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his lap.

"Hello, Naruto. It's nice to see you again. I noticed that you kept your promise." his voice rang out smooth and deep (a̶n̶d̶ m̶a̶n̶l̶y̶), an airy chuckle leaving his lips when the blonde nodded dumbly because despite being the now youngest adult in the room, the dead man's aura still screamed of power as though he was still alive.

"You're Sasuke's wife, Sakura, right?" At the woman's nod of confirmation, Itachi continued. "Thank you for taking great care of my daughter. Aneko and I are very happy that she has had a good home to live and grow up in." Sakura blushed slightly, flustered by the compliment, and rubbed her neck sheepishly.

"Ah, it's no problem. Mina is a sweet girl and I love her like my own child." Finally, he turned his head to the black-haired male, his younger brother (though now a decade older than him when he died), with a scowl that surprised the others in the room.

"I have a few choice words for you, Sasuke! Leaving your family for years? Really?" The man looked away with a pout as his big brother scolded him in front of his family (Naruto included) until a smile appeared on Itachi's face.

"Thank you for caring for Mina. I knew I could trust you with her when Aneko and I died." Itachi looked down at his daughter, rubbing her back as she lightly snoozed.

"Uh, thanks, Nii-san. I guess." Sasuke muttered, awkwardly, before remembering something. "How are you here anyway?"

"Well from my own observations, it seems that Mina's Mangekyou Sharingan ability can bring forth ghosts/spirits to aid her in battle, but she can only do so if the ghost has the Mangekyou Sharingan as well. I've figured out that if the ghost has thoughts of betraying her, they get sent back to the realm of the dead also called the Necropolis. She also has the consequence of losing her eyesight if she summons someone with only their three tomoe Sharingan, such as her mother." The adults looked thoughtfully at the girl before realization settled.

"So, she could've summoned Madara or Obito again?" Sasuke exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Who is Obito and again? No never mind, I don't want to know. Yes, she could. The two could act of their own free will as I am doing, but it would have to be in Mina's interest." They sighed, in relief or discomfort, they didn't know.

"Since this is the first occurrence of this ability, Mina and I decided to call it Bishamonten. Before you all arrived to save her, we discovered through pure coincidence that she could make me corporeal and by doing so, allow me to use my abilities to assist her with no drawback on my part, similar to Edo Tensei form. However, her chakra drains quickly as a consequence. It was nice to be able to talk to you all." Itachi brushed his hand through Mina's hair and gave the people surrounding him a small smile, before disappearing.

For some time the adults remained quiet, the only sound being the occasional snores from the child on the bed. They were processing what they heard and how to move forward from this incident.

"What should we do to help her, dattebayo?" Naruto was the first one to speak, his voice full of awe and determination as he leaned his weight onto the chair's armrest.

"We can only be there for her when she needs it. She has been strong for so long."

"I agree and I'd like to stay in the village for some time, Naruto." the black-haired man said to his friend, onyx eyes filled with resolve. "My daughters need me." 

His wife sent him a loving smile as Naruto quickly agreed. Things were finally looking up. Finally.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: The name for Mina's ability, Bishamonten, is a reference to the Japanese god of war, warriors, and a punisher of evildoers. Other abilities of the Mangekyou, such as Amaterasu and Susanoo are also the names of Japanese gods and goddesses of the old Shinto religion.

A/N: Hi all! Just a reminder for those that don't know, the promise that Itachi mentioned Naruto keeping was to bring Sasuke back to the village near the end of Shippuden. I hope you all enjoyed this part!! One more chapter before the epilogue...do you all think I should do one of those act dividers for the epilogue? I'm debating. ALSO! Im like two hours passed midnight, so I can say this still, but happy birthday, Naruto! 🎉🥳

Have a wonderful rest of your week and make sure to vote, comment, and share! 😉✨

Love you guys fr!

- Lily <3

Q: What languages do you all know or what would you like to learn? (Asking cuz I just started learning German)

A: I know English, a little ASL, a little Japanese, and I started learning German.

Published: 10/11/2023

Word Count: 1,324