Act 4: Part 5

Mina was crouched down, her breath coming out in heavy pants. Her left eye was closed in exhaustion and the right one displayed her two tomoe sharingan. Her chakra was getting dangerously low, so she deactivated the dojutsu to preserve the little bit left in the enormous pool that was her reserves. She didn't want to give up, but much to her dismay, time was up and the pond wasn't even half way empty. She glanced up, tossing her long untied hair over her shoulder when she heard the sound of shuffling. Sometime during one of her jutsus, her ponytail holders fell off and she was too tired to try and find them. The large crow flew down in front of her.

"I'm sor- *pant*-ry, Ryuuji-san. I *huff* let you *pant* down." Mina stayed on her knees and looked ashamed at the ground, sadness filling her.

"On the contrary," the bird started, "We decided to pass you, caw. We have agreed to sign a contract with you." This made Mina's eyes widen as her head shot up to look at the crow.

"W-what?" Ryuuji made a chuckling noise or what sounded like it, she couldn't tell.

"We decided to sign a contract with you because we admire your determination and hard work to achieve- or try to achieve- your goals, caw. In fact, not even your father was able to complete this task. He too had the same spark in his eyes that you hold. I see great things in your future, Minako-sama, caw." He passed the girl the contract scroll and bowed his head toward her. She signed her name in blood in the space below her late father's, a tired grin growing on her face.

*******

Mina appeared back at the grassy field in a puff of smoke. The only difference was that the moon was beginning to rise into the darkened sky. A puff of smoke beside the girl, who was relaxing on the grass, startled her, but she smiled as soon as she noticed it was her best friend.

Mirai's short hair was a jumbled mess and there were scratches along her arms and legs.

"I regret ever doing that." the Sarutobi girl muttered, running a hand through her hair. She gave Mina a small smile. "How'd yours go? Did you get a contract?" Mina nodded and flopped onto the grassy terrain beside Mina.

"I got a crow summoning just like my father had." she exclaimed proudly.

"Father? Oh, you mean your birth father?" A couple months prior, Mina had told Mirai about Itachi being her birth father. To say the Sarutobi was shocked would be an understatement, but that was a story for another time.

"Yes. What about you, what animal did you get?"

"I got a monkey. Apparently, my dad's father had them as well. I mean, Saru does mean monkey." Mina smiled, but stopped when she yawned.

"I'd better get home before my mom gets worried." The two girls bid farewell to each other and made their way home.

******

Mina quietly walked inside the house and placed her shoes by the front door. She made her way to the kitchen to see a note on the kitchen island, the neat kanji writing flashing back at her.

Dear Mi-chan,

I left some dinner in the fridge for you. I'm sorry I can't eat dinner with you because I have to get back to the hospital. Sarada is spending the night at Chōchō's house since I'm not sure when you will be back. I hope your summoning went well!

Love,

Mom <3

Mina sighed and went upstairs to her room. She made her way into the bathroom that attached her room to Sarada's and got ready to take a shower.

******

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* The microwave snapped at the girl who sat comfortably on the couch. Mina's long wet hair was braided down her back and she wore an oversized shirt and a pair of comfy shorts as pyjamas.

The purple eyed girl ate her dinner at a slow pace, her head in a book of famous shinobi and clan leaders. It was a rather large book, being over one thousand pages, but Mina read it slowly so as to absorb as much information as she could. She especially loved to read about people she knew had a direct relationship to her like her paternal grandfather, Uchiha Fugaku in the clan leaders section and Uchiha Shisui of the Body Flicker who it said was her birth father's best friend and cousin until he was killed. It surprised her that her father was in the book, however it also made sense as this book was updated in the last few years. On his page, it mentions his story of killing off his clan for his village and other stuff that Mina already knew, though on his family page, it said that he was rumoured to have had a daughter whose whereabouts are unknown (obviously being Mina), but it also said that he had two nieces.

As the night continued on, the Uchiha set the book on her night stand to finish later. It was open to the page about The Fourth Mizukage, Karatachi Yagura.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: 👀

A/N: Not much of a fun fact, but if ya know, ya know ;). Anyway, I know that no one except a select few knew about Itachi killing his clan to protect the village, but I felt that Itachi should be acknowledged for his deeds and lets just say that the public only knew it was necessary to kill off the clan not that they were planning a coup, ya know? It's a bit complicated but yeah. I hope ya liked this chapter! Please vote/favorite and add this story to your library and sharing helps too! Also, THANK YOU ALL FOR 6.8K VIEWS!! THAT'S SO INSANE!! You guys are the best!!

-Lily <3

Published: 05/30/2023

Word Count: 979