Act 5: Part 3

Mina yawned, resting her head in her hand at breakfast the next morning. Her hair was in its usual twin tail style and she wore a high collared tight dark purple short sleeved shirt with a long sleeved mesh top underneath. The girl also sported a short dark grey skirt with slits on the sides, dark purple mid thigh shorts, mesh pants, and a pair of purple ninja shoes that stopped at her mid calf. Her group sat with her at the table with Tsurushi as she asked them questions.

"So when you all graduate from the Academy, what will you specialize in?" The three thought to themselves for a moment. Ichiro was the first to reply, though he kept his eyes on the drink in front of him, stirring it absentmindedly with a straw.

"I will probably specialize in genjutsu or maybe ninjutsu. I have the earth affinity." Tsurushi nodded and looked curiously toward the black haired girl.

"I suppose genjutsu and fire release jutsus. I've already learned a few." Mina answered, before humming in delight as she ate her tilapia that she had been given.

"I think I'd be good with healing, maybe I could even be a medical ninja. I don't know. I guess maybe also a veterinarian like my mother." Hanaki shrugged, her hand placed delicately on her chin in thought as her white puppy barked in agreement.

*******

For the next two hours Tsurushi continued her tour of the village, took them to lunch, then to a large auditorium where all the groups met up. The Kirigakure academy students demonstrated some of their skills in kenjutsu and water style jutsus. Mina especially enjoyed watching Kagura swing a sword around with much precision. It reminded her of the time when she learned how to use a sword with her uncle Suigetsu's help a few years prior. Her mother took liberty to punch him really hard for teaching her first with a real sword, a really sharp, real sword instead of a blunt one. She almost cut her hand off, and Mina could swear she'd seen Suigetsu's face get inverted from the force of the smack. She shivered from the memory.

*******

Later toward the end of the night, Mina was eating dinner (more fish) with Mirai when a bird flew in, one of her crow summonings to be exact. It flew over to her and perched on her shoulder holding out its leg to present her with a letter. She took it from him, ignoring the amazed and confused stares she was receiving. Before she could open it, Hideki-sensei walked over to her.

"He's one of my summonings." Mina answered, before the man could ask anything. Hideki's, along with a bunch of others, eyes widened in shock and amazement that a nine year old was able to sign a contract with a summoning animal.

"I see. He delivers messages for you?" the sensei questioned. Mina nodded, her expression blank, hiding her annoyance.

"Yes." Hideki-sensei sweat dropped at the lack of explanation and went back to his table, understanding that she didn't want to be disturbed anymore. The girl unravelled the letter and held it open so she could read it. Her lips involuntarily shifted upwards when she recognized the writing.

Dear Mina,

I'm amazed that you've succeeded in signing a contract and with crows (though snakes are better), your father would be very proud. But that was also very dangerous, Uchiha Minako. You should have had Sakura or someone else show you how to do it properly because you aren't supposed to reverse summon yourself. I suppose I'll let it slide this time, but be more careful with these things, I'd never forgive myself if something happened to you.

You wrote that you're in Kirigakure for an academy field trip? Sounds informative. Make sure to enjoy it because when I was younger, the Mist Village was, as I'm sure you already know, a bloody mess. I'd love to tell you about my memories from it sometime. Make sure you write me a letter about how the trip goes, I always enjoy reading your letters.

In reference to what you wrote about Sarada questioning Sakura about me, I'm glad you know that what I do is important and I wish I could come back to Konoha and watch you and Sarada grow, but I'm unable to. I miss you, make sure to tell Sakura I miss her as well, and give Sarada a poke on the forehead for me.

Love you too,

Papa

Mina held the letter to her chest, her hair falling in front of her face, concealing her smile from view. Though, she grimaced when she remembered the first paragraph of his letter. She had already been scolded by her Uncle Naruto when he found out. He told her not to do something so reckless, causing Mina to deadpan at him. That's right, she'd heard all about his carelessness from Grandpa Kakashi. Now she was never one to prank people, but fond memories of the glitter bomb she left in his office as payback for his hypocrisy filled her mind. Fortunately for her, Boruto got the blame for it. She made sure to anonymously buy him a game for his console as an apology. Fun times.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Papasuke pouted when he found out that Mina was summoning crows and not snakes or hawks.

A/N: Finals are coming up so I'm most likely going to continue updating later in the week. Hope you all are doing well and make sure to vote, add this story to your library to get notified when I update and share with your friends :) Love y'all!

-Lily <3

Q: Which Naruto couple would you want as parents?

A: I'd want Ino and Sai as parents.

Published: 04/27/2023

Word Count: 937