~Epilogue~

A silhouette of a woman could be seen gazing out from the large window that belonged to the largest building in the village. Even with her special eyes, one had to wonder if the woman could even see anything with the abundance of crisp fog that covered the streets. The smell of the sea greeted the woman like an old friend despite all points of entry being closed. It was a habit to look out upon the ocean in the distance, something she did every morning although this time, she held a bundle to her chest. She gently rocked the bundle in her arms, humming a small tune, ceasing his movements. The quiet didn't last long as the pitter-patter of small feet echoed in her direction.

"Mama! It's almost time to leave!" The woman turned and smiled gently at the two children, both female. One appeared to be no older than six and the other, four. The older child possessed striking black locks with the same unruly bangs as her father and stark onyx eyes with a pink marking falling from her left eye and stopping a little after her cheekbone. The second girl only differed with sandy blonde hair and red highlights, but she also shared those same dark eyes. The woman glanced down at her youngest and the only male of the family. He cooed, his big, bright pink eyes greeted her back, a small tuft of black cascaded over his otherwise bald head. She looked up from the baby as an out-of-breath nursemaid came stumbling in.

"I apologize, L-Lady Minako." Now, don't assume that the husband and wife of the family send their children off with some unknown woman. That would be simply absurd! The family hired the nanny to assist with the children when the husband and wife were busy, as in: the husband leading the village and the wife doing services for the community and missions. They otherwise spent loads of time with their daughters and son.

"It's quite alright, Hatsuka-san. I was just coming to get them anyway. You are dismissed for the week. Please go spend time with your family while we are gone." The caretaker's eyes widened with surprise, but she nodded quickly.

"U-understood. Thank you, my Lady. Excuse me, Mizukage-sama." the woman bowed slightly as she stepped around the man who had just entered the room. The man's pink eyes softened as he took in the sight of his beautiful wife and three lovely children.

"Mina." he greeted with a loving smile.

"Kagura." the woman replied with an equally charming grin. Their smiles widened as they heard fake puking noises from both of their daughters.

"Ew! Mama and Papa are looking all cutesy at each other again. So gross, aren't they, Yoshi-chan?" The younger child nodded her head eagerly toward her older sister.

"Rweay gwoss, Nami-nee." The two adults shook their heads in amusement finding much joy in teasing the children.

"Alright. That's enough, you two. Namiko-chan, Yoshima-chan, do you have everything you two need?" The girls immediately nodded obediently. They weren't normally as cooperative as they were at that moment, seeing as they were really young, but they were really excited to go see their relatives.

"Yes, mama. We even helped Papa pack 'Rasu's bag." Mina smiled at the girls.

"Good job, you two. I'm sure Karasu-chan really appreciates the help from his big sisters." That made the girls beam with pride. Mina passed the baby in her arms over to her husband, before leaning down to look at the girls sternly. "You remember to be on your best behavior while we are there, alright girls? We aren't just going to visit your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Papa will be there on important business." Namiko nodded, fidgeting with the bottom seam of her dress.

"Yes, Mama. We'll be good. I'll make sure Yoshi-chan is good too. Papa's going to visit Auntie 'kage, right?" Mina nodded with a pleased glint in her eye. She loved her family so very much.