Act 8: Part 4

Mina stood in front of the mirror, wiping away the blood that dripped down her cheeks, her expressive purple eyes staring back. The teen proceeded to change into a purple skirt with black shorts underneath and a zip-up grey tank top. As soon as the clock turned to ten p.m., she pulled on her calf-length, dark grey sandals and disappeared in a flurry of crows. 

**********

The dark, misty sky greeted Mina as she reappeared at Memorial Park. Beautiful fairy lights hung from the surrounding trees and she gasped when she saw the boy standing in front of her with his familiar smile. She took note of the nice button-down he displayed and was grateful to have also worn a reasonably nice outfit.

"Mina, thank you for coming." The Uchiha smiled, a dusting of pink covered her face.

"Of course." His own cheeks reddened. A subtle breeze flowed through the area, ruffling the trees and causing the boy's sandy blonde hair to fall over his forehead. As the two stood in a comfortable, yet somewhat tense silence, Mina's mind drifted back to the letter he had sent a week or so prior.

Dear Mina,

I have been assisting Chojuro-sama and I'm learning the ropes of being Mizukage. He has also begun training me with Hiramekarei. That's all I've done since the last letter exchange. Well, I do have something to tell you before I lose the courage to and scrap this like the others. I like you, Mina. I have ever since I met you a few years ago. Even though you had just met me, you still told me of your struggles to help me feel better. You're so thoughtful and kind.

You helped me realise that I'm not my grandfather and that I can still do good for the Hidden Mist. Most importantly, you stayed with me, always writing to me and encouraging me. I don't deserve you. You're all I think about, Mina-chan! Ugh, This is so embarrassing, haha. I hope this doesn't change our friendship if you don't feel the same way.

Love,

Kagura

"Mina," The call of her name brought her from her thoughts and she looked up at the boy in front of her. Before he could say anything, she spoke softly.

"Is that this feeling? The feeling of always wanting to see that person more than just exchanging letters? The feeling of butterflies swarming your stomach when you see that person? Is that love?" She gazed passionately into his awestruck pink eyes and he felt as though his breath had left him. That soft look really made him feel some kind of way.

Doki. Doki.

"I like you too, Kagura-kun." As soon as those words left her, he stepped forward.

"Can I kiss you?" he breathed out, cheeks reddening at the question of consent and Mina spoke her confirmation. As soon as his lips landed on hers, she could feel her breath leave her. Mina's stomach erupted with the best kind of butterflies. Her knees felt weak resulting in her wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him closer, smiling into the sweet yet passionate kiss. They both panted as they pulled away and despite their flushed expression, smiled at each other.

"Please allow me to court you, Mina," Kagura exclaimed as he held her hands in his own. Her smile widened and she felt as though her heart would thump out of her chest.

"Yes." 'Who knew simple affirmation could make me feel so happy?' Kagura thought as he embraced his new girlfriend. It would be hard as they both lived in different villages, but they would make it work. As long as they were together. 

*********

Mina opened the door to her hotel room later that evening, feeling very giddy. She felt blood rush to her cheeks as she remembered the kiss she shared with her new boyfriend. She loved that word: boyfriend. 

As she settled into her bed for the night, she still had yet to notice the figure in the corner of the room. She hummed happily before looking up, only to let out a scream of surprise.

"EH!? How long have you been there for?!" How had she not noticed that she (once again) unconsciously activated her Mangekyou Sharingan? 

"Who was that?" Uchiha Itachi pouted-pouted- in his daughter's direction. Mina gaped at him but quickly closed her mouth as a blush began to form on her cheeks. She should've just slept outside.

Author-chan's Fun Fact: Ghost!Itachi is always around, but obviously leaves during private situations (like when she changes in her room), but now he's sulking cause he wanted to make sure she was safe, only to witness his only child and a boy sucking faces...That was an awkward conversation for all parties.

 A/N: Hi all! Sorry for the sort of later-than-usual update, had to finish that drawing. I put out a message about that to my followers, so if you happen to not see an update from me, check the Conversations tab on my profile. Poor Mina with her overprotective father haha! Speaking of the drawing, I hope you all like it! I spent three or so days on it and it is completely my own work, no base used. Anyway, that's all for this week! Have a great day/night/etc and pls comment, vote, share, and add this story to your library so you receive updates because it's gettin' kinda close to the end~! PS: Yesterday was my birthday, I'm old now :')! Where are the August babies at?!

-Author Lily-chan :)

Q: If you had Mina's Mangekyou Sharingan, which Uchiha would you want to always be with you? (They must have the Mangekyou so Obito, Shisui, Madara, Fugaku, Sasuke, and maybeeee Kakashi)

A: Shisui. Shisui and I would be besties fr.

Published: 08/24/2023

Word Count: 969