Act 5: Part 2

The class all stood outside the gates of The Village Hidden in the Mist idly chatting as they waited for further instructions.

"Alright, students." The chatter slowed to a stop. "You will now be placed in a group of three, then we will go to their academy and you will receive an escort." Hideki-sensei explained and looked down at the list that he held.

"Alright. Group one will be Yamanaka Yana..... Group five will be Inuzuka Hanaki, Guanabi Ichiro, and Uchiha Minako..." Mina gave Mirai a small smile before walking over to her assigned group. Inuzuka Hanaki was a tall girl with sharp canines, shoulder length brown hair in a high bun, and onyx coloured cat like pupils, she also had the clan's signature red fang markings on her cheeks. On the other hand, Guanabi Ichiro had maroon colored hair, tanned skin, and hazel eyes. He wore a constant frown though which made it difficult for Mina to figure out how he actually felt.

"Hello, Hana-chan, Ichiro-kun." she greeted them with a slight wave.

"Hi, Mina-chan!" Hanaki exclaimed with a toothy grin, yet Ichiro only gave her a nod. That cold, emotionless stare caused Mina to look away rather quickly. She wasn't used to being around people who looked so dead inside.

*******

As Mina and her group waited to be assigned their escort, she allowed her eyes to scan over Kirigakure's academy students. She paused at one boy who intrigued her with the unusual marking that decorated his (face) cheek. Mina hadn't noticed that she'd been staring until his pink, pupiless eyes met her dark purple ones. The boy offered her a small smile and Mina was quick to look away from him, a soft sprinkling of pink painting her cheeks.

"Group five will be placed with Hachiya Tsurushi." She glanced at the boy one last time, before falling her group over to a girl with poofy blonde hair and green eyes.

*******

The Uchiha laid on her futon in a rented hotel that night after their first day in Kirigakure. She was sharing a room with Hanaki, Mirai, and another girl named Yuma, but she was the only one awake, opting to stare up at the ceiling instead. The random cracks running along the planes of the drywall above her made her a bit uncomfy b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶i̶t̶r̶e̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d̶h̶e̶r̶o̶f̶t̶h̶e̶c̶r̶a̶c̶k̶s̶t̶h̶a̶t̶r̶i̶d̶d̶l̶e̶d̶h̶e̶r̶c̶l̶a̶n̶s̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ for a reason she couldn't figure out. Even after the long tour of the village that Tsurushi had given her and her group mates, she wasn't tired at all, like her eyelids refused to close. After an indistinguishable amount of time, she stood up and pulled on her ninja shoes, already wearing a pair of pants that most Jonin level shinobi in her village sported along with a matching navy colored tee shirt. She left her hair down, allowing it to flow behind her as she left the hotel to take a walk.

.

.

.

Mina yawned a bit. It appeared that the walk was helpi-

"Don't you know it's dangerous to be wondering at night?" Faster than the famed Yellow Flash, the girl whipped out a kunai and held it against the throat of the person behind her. She sighed in slightly with a lazy shrug when she noticed it was the boy from earlier.

"And don't you know it's rude to sneak up on people?" He chuckled lightly and put his hands up in defeat.

"Oh! You're that girl from earlier. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to scare you." Mina scowled, but pulled the kunai away from him and put it away, pushing down the weird warm feeling in her cheeks. The boy's pink eyes widened when he noticed the red and black decorating her irises.

"Whoa! Is that a dojutsu?" He asked curiously, tilting his head slightly. Mina grimaced, not knowing that her Sharingan had activated subconsciously in defense. She closed her eyes and allowed the purple color to flow back in like the paint she had seen her mom's old teammate use on a canvas.

"Uh, yeah. It is." she began walking away, but sighed in exasperation when she heard him following her. She kept a close eye on him as she walked, still rather suspicious of this stranger who made her body feel funny with just a smile.

"Well, I should probably walk with you to make sure you don't get hurt." he announced as he trotted forward to be side by side with her.

"Wow, what a gentleman." Mina replied with light sarcasm. "Why are you even out this late?" The boy sighed and put his hands behind his head as they walked.

"Nightmares. What about you?"

"Couldn't sleep."

"Ah."

*********

The two of them walked in silence, eventually stopping to sit on a bench at a park they had come across. The girl was looking up at the sky trying to see the beautiful stars she found comfort in, however the mist and fog in the air covered anything at least five feet away from her in any direction.

"I just realised that I never told you my name. It's Karatachi Kagura." the boy- now known as Kagura- said from the respectful distance he sat at. Mina paused for a minute and pursed her lips with another sigh.

"My name is Uchiha Minako." She offered a small smile. She had decided to give him a chance, especially after hearing his previous statement. After all, it was the polite thing to give your name to someone who gives theirs.

"Nice to meet you, Minako-chan!" He exclaimed with a smile, his eyes brightening significantly. The girl's own eyes widened slightly before she offered her own closed eye one.

"Nice to meet you as well, Kagura-kun." The comfortable silence was something they bothfelt content with.

*******

"Do you, uh, think we could maybe talk again tomorrow night?" Mina asked as she and Kagura arrived in front of her hotel. As she spoke, the girl looked at the ground, fiddling with her fingers. When the sandy-haired boy didn't reply, she looked up to see a look of shock on his face, before a smile broke through.

"Yes, of course we can!" A smile lit up her own face like the sun peaking through the clouds.

Author-chan's Fun Fact:  Author-chan has determined that Kagura Karatachi is three to four years older than Boruto and his friends because she couldn't find his age anywhere else.

A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR 10K VIEWS OMGGG!! YALL HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY THAT MAKES ME AS A WRITER! I don't really have much to say other than I've been very busy which is why its taking me longer in the week to upload. I decided to start adding questions that you all can answer at the bottom of the page. Anyway, Please make sure to vote and share please :D. Hope you all have a fantastic day!! 

- Lily :)

Favourite OG Naruto character?
Mine is Itachi or Sasori :)

Published: 04/20/2023

Word Count: 1,128