Act 6: Part 3

A/N: The way my hand flew to my mouth in shock 😭

"Good Morning, Mama, Sarada-chan." Mina greeted as she walked down the stairs. Different to her usual gear, today she wore a traditional white outfit, which was standard for the inauguration of a Hokage. Similarly, her hair was in an unusual style for her- pulled into a low bun.

"Good morning, sweetie. Come eat breakfast before we have to leave."She nodded at her mother and walked over to the table where her sister already sat and patted her head. Sarada playfully swatted away her hand and hid her smile when she heard her older sister giggle.

*********

The three Uchiha's walked to where a crowd had begun to form in front of the Hokage tower. Most of the young adult population of Konoha were children when Lord Sixth became Hokage and thus, didn't remember much, but they had all heard stories of the great Uzumaki Naruto, savior of the world, and were excited to see his inauguration.

"Hey, look. There he is!" Someone in the crowd yelled out and everyone quieted down, eagerly watching the new Nanadaime Hokage walk to the railing and wave to the crowd. Mina furrowed her brows at how nervous her self proclaimed uncle appeared and she could've sworn she saw a drop of sweat fall from his face, but she shrugged it off and smiled. She was very proud of him, so she clapped loudly along with everyone else.

********

Dear Kagura-kun,

It's been about a month since I received your last letter, so my apologies for not replying. I've been quite busy with team missions. To answer your last question, Isamu has loosened up a bit in the year that our team has been together. He is a good training partner in taijutsu, and although he doesn't know much elemental ninjutsu, he is quite proficient in medical ninjutsu. He even taught me some, mostly just healing small cuts, but I'm not very good at it. It must be an Uchiha thing since my dad has admitted to not knowing how as well.

This year has been interesting to say the least. For instance, just last Monday, My younger sister, Sarada, started her first day at the academy. Which is normal, despite her year starting at eight years old rather than six like myself, but Uncle Naruto's son, who was attending as well, caused quite a ruckus. He crashed a train into Uncle's face on the Hokage mountain. The expressions everyone held made me want to laugh, but I held myself. Sarada does not like Boruto, or at least that's what she says. I beg to differ. When she got home after her first day, she immediately began to talk about how annoying he is which I find to be funny. It's so obvious that she likes him, but whenever I suggested it, she gets all angry and starts talking bad about him again. Makes me want to laugh!

Anyway, It was really great to see you again when you came to Konoha a few months ago and like above, I apologise for not having much time to talk, but at least we were able to go out to lunch together! Also, you shouldn't doubt yourself, being an Aid to the Mizukage and getting to be one of the next Seven Swordsmen of the Mist is amazing! So don't worry what others think about you, you are not your grandfather after all. I know my word probably doesn't mean much, but I believe in you. It makes me happy that you confide in me, so I hope I was able to offer you some good advice. Oh, and next time you come and visit, please let me know, so I can plan a day for the two of us!

Your friend,                                                                                                                                                                         Mina

********

The noir haired girl watched as Rasu, her messenger crow, flew off toward Kirigakure with the letter she had just finished writing and sighed. A contemplative expression was placed on her face as the bird disappeared from her sight. She didn't know what she could say to help reassure her treasured friend.  The expression was quickly lost when she felt a weight on her back and a loud laugh near her ear.