5: first mission

You're roused from your nap from a rapid beeping coming from somewhere and you look over to see a light blinking rapidly beside your father who is armed with a cross bow. Though he is shaking with a glimmer of hesitance in his face. Millie stood beside him, cradling you in her arms. "Moxxie, stop shakin'! You're gonna shoot our only hellhound!"

You followed the weapon's aim to said hellhound, who is lying on the grey, tattered couch, holding her phone in one hand and a photo of a happy human family in another.

"Wow, I feel sooooo loved here." Loona deadpans with a roll of her eyes.

"Just take a deep breath," Millie says, taking said breath. "And let it out!"

"Bah!" You cheerfully exclaimed, lifting your arms up in an unknown bout of joy. Millie giggled, and nestled her cheek against your head.

"Yeah see? That's the spirit!"

Moxxie smiled briefly, tickling your belly, but he still seemed on edge at the idea. "But... it's a family!" He said, sounding concerned. "Under what circumstances would we ever need to kill a human family??"

"I mean, if that's what the client wants." Millie states with a shrug, with you mimicking her movements.

"Maybe a sh*tty dad... Or a mob family. That's understandable." contemplates Moxxie, temporarily speaking in a stereotypical Italian accent at the last sentence, repressing a smirk upon hearing you giggle. "But to eradicate an entirely innocent, seemingly in this instance, upper middle class family bloodline??"

At this point Loona sat up on the couch, contemplating the photo for a brief moment. "Hey! You don't know they're innocent." Loona exclaimed, holding the photo up and points to the small boy in it. "This kid probably sets dogs on fire."

She then moves to his older sister. "Maybe this girl gets off to bullying Australian kids online!"

She then moves to the father. "And this guy..." her voice drops to a contemptuous mutter. "He definitely watches."

"Exactly!" Millie chirps, setting you on the desk and walks closer to Moxxie. "Humans are full of secret nasties. That's why so many of them end up here!"

"But-"

"Guilty and innocent aren't our business, Mox." Millie interrupts her spouse, gripping his cheeks to make him mimic her mouth movements. "Killin' who were paid to is our business." You squished your cheeks as well, mimicking your father's funny face. "Choose a target." After a brief kiss to the cheek, she picks you back up and steps back to let him take his aim again.

"I just think it's a bit excessive, and we could be a bit more selective, is all." Moxxie reluctantly takes aim, but right before he could chose a target--

SLAM

"Guys! I want you to meet-"

The sudden entrance of his boss startles Moxxie, causing him to accidentally fire his arrow which proceeds to ricochet around the room.

Millie jumps into Moxxie's arms as the arrow hits a computer, which then goes flies back and shoots a hole in the family picture still being held by a startled Loona, then finally, the arrow hits the bottom of a tank filled with eels, causing it to wobble precariously. The arrow would've hit the purple demoness, but Blitz effortlessly catches it with one hand.

"--our newest client!"

"...yah!" You cheered, throwing your tiny hands up in the air with elation at what you just saw, making Blitz grin proudly.

Though, as the ex-teacher smiles with endearment at you, the tank tips over, spilling its contents onto the ground. The eels then proceed to spark with electricity, and the water within the shaggy carpet causes the room to erupt in flames.

"Dammit, Moxxie! I just bought those eels!"

~~~{outside I.M.P corp}~~~

As you waved cheerfully at the fire fighters from a baby sling on Millie's chest as they carry out the last of the still sparking eels while blitz says his final goodbyes to Mayberry as she drives off in a cab.

"Byeeee! And, don't worry, we'll get that skank in less than twenty-four hours or your first kill is freee!"

Moxxie turns to his boss in confusion. "When did we start implementing that deal?"

Blitz then turns to face his employee, gripping his face. "When you set fire to my office in front of a CLIENT, YOU F**KIN' DIPSH*T!!" You flinched as he tosses your father aside in a bout of frustration. "Now, someone PLEASE tell me that fancy book is still intact!"

"You mean... our only ticket to the other side?" Loona speaks up, idly texting on her phone, only to pull out the grimoire out from behind her back. "Yeah, got it."

"And that's why you're my favorite, Loonie." Blitz coos, pulling out two dog biscuits out. "You get a tweat now!"

Loona seemed disgusted at the offer. "Ew. Stop."

At this, Blitz tosses the treat up into the air before lashing his tongue like a frog and pulling it into his mouth, disgusting the hellhound even further.

"You're so gross!" Loona exclaimed, opening the book to perform the spell.

"Aw, stop it," Blitz gushes as you watched Millie draw a pentagram on the wall, which glows red at the grimoire's power and creates a portal, leading to the human world. "I get enough from my therapist."

Loona rolls her eyes at the remark as blitz straightens up with resolve, pressing a hand into Moxxie's face to prevent him from walking to Millie's side. "Now let's go lick some a**!"

"The expression is kick some a**... Blitz." Millie corrects with a snap of her fingers as she enters the portal.

"Bitz!" You tried to repeat your mother's words, pointing to the imp as you both entered.

"Mine's better." Blitz grumbles, before following his co-worker into the portal.

"Shouldn't we leave (Name) here??" Moxxie quips worriedly.

"Nah, they need to learn how it's done the right way!" Blitz retorts within the portal.

"Aww... f**k..." rumbles Moxxie as he sulks into the portal after the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First time drawing Millie's face. How'd I do? 😅