22: whoopsie-death

The Cherubs had decided to take Lyle to an opera performance in a last ditch effort to make him see the light. On stage, a woman dressed as a Viking sings a continuous soprano note on stage while wearing a fake unicorn on her lower torso as a well-dressed man plays a grand piano behind her.

The cherubs and the audience are also well-dressed, though Lyle only wears a bowtie over his grimy sweat-stained hospital gown.

"Behold! The wonder of art and music!" Cletus gestures to the performance. "Somethin' always there to comfort… entertain… and live for!"

Up above the stage, as you all look down from a catwalk near the ceiling Blitz stared down at the scene below, wagging his rump in the air like a cat waiting to pounce.

"So… how do we make this bad?" Millie asks in a whisper.

"We can't. There's literally nothing bad about opera." Moxxie answers, almost matter-of-factly. "That's fact."

You were just fixated on the woman's faux unicorn around her waist.

"Unless we ruin it somehow!" Blitz reassures, wagging his rear in the offended imps face.

He proceeded to grab the nearby spotlight, and pulled at its wires moving it away from the singer. The singer pauses, quickly walking back under the light to resume her song only for him to move it again, forcing her to stop and to follow it again.

"She's not very good." Lyle notes as the cherubs watched the performance with confused, suspicious glances.

You giggled uncontrollably as Blitz tampered with the spotlight faster and faster around the stage, having the silly woman chase it like a cat with a Lazer pointer as Lyle and the cherubs narrow their eyes in suspicion.

This continues until it suddenly snapped off entirely. As the woman finally gets back under the light and delivers the final note of her song, the spotlight falls onto her, smashing her to pieces and splattering blood all over the stage. The audience along with Lyle, and the cherubs scream, while the pianist nervously pulls at his collar for a moment before continuing to play, on a cautious, somber note.

"Well, at least we made it bad." Blitz shrugged in satisfaction while Moxxie glances at his boss, unimpressed.

You deflated slightly, now that the show was over. "Aw..."

The three fed-up cherubs fly up to you all, seething.

"THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT!" Cletus yells, clenching his fists enraged. "You three monsters have messed with us enough!"

"D'ooh, we're just trying to do our j-j-job!" Collin stutters angrily.

"Well, so are we!" Moxxie retorts in annoyance. You just blew a raspberry at the intrusive cherubs.

"EEENNNOOOUGH!"

The three Cherubs suddenly summon golden crossbows and aim them at the three imps.

"We are saving that s***ty old man's life, whether he wants it or not!" Cletus exclaims with an air of enraged finality.

"Well, someone wants that f**ker dead, m'kay?" Blitz replied angrily. "And he paid in advance, and I spent it all on this…" he reaches into his coat and pulls out a jewel-encrusted green horse figure wearing sunglasses and a "MARE-AJUANA" cap. "…so he's gotta go!"

"You all are such disgusting, loathsome beasts!" Keenie snarls, getting into Blitz's face. "Your kind is nothing but dirt that sh**y dead people tread on! And now, you're trying to meddle with the lives of HUMANS?!"