𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

⸻⸻⸻

⸻⸻⸻

❝𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐭❞

⸻⸻⸻

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫

FLASH

FLASH

FLASH

Feeling like a celebrity.

With a mask and sunglasses on.

Avoiding paparazzi and cameras.

If only she was one, she would at least wave to them.

But she knew better.

That she saw going to face her past once again.

"Miss [l/n], remember that you need to speak of truth and truth only. If you will feel uncomfortable or sick due to the defendant, please say right away" a prosecutor said to her.

But she heard him telling me that for millionth time.

Why are everyone so stressed about this and careful with me? It's not like they cared about me before that - she thought.

Walking in the courtroom she looked around and took notice of how big and modern it was.

She sat down where prosecutor told me to and finally she could take off her mask and sunglasses. Catching her breath was hard at first because of the heavy air.

"[y/n]!" suddenly her mother hugged her.

How and when did she get here? she questioned herself, because she didn't see her coming with them.

"I will be right behind you. Remember that I love you"

I know.

She only nodded her head, already tired of everything and wanting to leave. In the same moment she saw a lot of people coming in.

At first she took notice of a judge and right after them polce officers were walking here. Protecting someone behind them. Maybe more like protecting us from him.

When she saw his really short, black hair she immediately looked down, not wanting to see any more of him. With everyone sitting down the head judge started to greet them all and saying all necessary things such as why they are there etc.

"...and with that we start our last part of the session" he announced.

Last? Why wasn't I on the first ones?

"Does Ms [l/n] feel good enough to testify?" the judge asked the prosecutor.

"Yes, indeed. We are sorry for the postponing this so many times but I think we all agree that what happened to Ms [l/n] is a huge tragedy"

"Of course. Now, Ms [l/n], could you step up here?" he asked as if she was a little child and motioned to his left.

It's really near him - she feared and when a police officer tried to grab her arm to help her, she pulled away as quickly as she could.

"Don't fret, child. Let someone help you" he said coldly but with care at the same time.

The police officer led her to the seat and the testify begun.

I can feel him staring at me..

"The defendant needs to be here today. Is that alright with you?" the judge asked.

All shaky and nervous [y/n] answered "I don't mind" quietly.

"So, is your name [y/n] [l/n]?"

"Yes, it is"

"And how old are you?"

"Sixteen" a gasp of the crowd in the courtroom could be heard.

"Silence!" the judge yelled. "Do you know of what matter we are here?"

"With all respect, your honor, but I am a teenager not a toddler and I am well aware of everything" [y/n] said looking down, ashamed that she was speaking like that to someone older and higher in rang than her.

"Alright," the judge begun with neutral but warm tone. "I need you to speak of truth and truth only. Please, tell me everything. Since you first saw the offender till the police caught this man."

"Well, it's a lot" she tried joking about it, but no one seemed to be laughing, even smiling.

Beside him.

This snickering. His snickering. As if he enjoyed her state of constant fear and anxiety.

"What is so funny, Mr Nakamura?" the judge asked, whose irritation was clearly seen on his face.

"It was a fun jest..." the defendant answered with kind smile and devil like eyes. But when he looked at her you could clearly see a spark and some emotions in them. "...your honor"

"Show some respect!" one of the police officers yelled but when the judge raised a little his hand the policeman returned to his earlier position.

"Now, do tell us. Everything. It's really important" he continued, ignoring the defendant.

"So, it all started like that..."