𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

⸻⸻⸻

⸻⸻⸻

❝𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞❞

⸻⸻⸻

𝐌𝐚𝐢

I was sitting on the chair next to the table and watched everyone from my family eat dinner. I was the only one that didn't. That couldn't even think about doing basic human needs.

And it's all because of [y/n] being kidnapped and gone.

I miss her so much...

"Mai, what if you try to eat something? We all know it still is hard for you with that... incident, but [y/n] for sure would like you to function normally," my mom spoke up gently. She was the only one, besides A, that understood and supported me.

I smiled at her and with a look of tiredness in my eyes I piked up a fork. I reached out for potatoes when suddenly my dad said the worst thing a human being can in a situation like this.

"And hey, at least it's not you, right?" he chuckled a bit.

"What?" I was utterly shocked.

How can he say something like that?

"Um," he looked confused at his wife, who was frustrated by his words too, and tried to explain himself quickly. "Well, what I mean is... um, you know, life goes on. You need to enjoy it while you can and not just worry about your friend that may be somewhere out there dead"

"Oh right... Thank God I'm not dead but the dearest person to my heart is! Oh, how grateful I am!" I yelled at my dad.

"Mai, calm down. We only want what's best for you. And... maybe your dad's right on one thing. You may be a little overreacting with the [y/n] situation" my mom interrupted.

"And you're on dad's side? Really? I can't believe you two!"

"I'm not on anyone's side. I'm just... I just try to think rationally about it all"

"You know what would be rational?! If I run out this door and started searching for my friend again!" I stood up from my seat.

"Mai, calm down and sit down, please" my mom demanded bit I didn't listen. My head was like in a fog.

"How can I calm down, mom?! I feel like I am dead! Without [y/n] I am dead too!"

I've never screamed at any of my parents before. We were always close to each other and almost never fought.