𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

⸻⸻⸻

⸻⸻⸻

❝𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬❞

⸻⸻⸻

𝐘/𝐍

"Purrrrr"

I hate and love this cat at once

I thought while hugging my cat, Hana, that woke me up.

Going downstairs to the kitchen to make myself breakfast, where I found my mother drinking coffee, I thought about a club thing.

"Mom, what comes to your mind when you think me being in a club?" I asked her, taking out milk and cereals.

"Well, to be honest - nothing, but if I need to answer then... book club and acting club. You always had amazing acting skills"

"You think so? Then maybe I should try it out"

"Do as you please, just let it be legal" she stated and kissed me on the head, putting her empty mug to the sink. "We are leaving in 15 minutes - get ready"

"Okay"

I need to hurry

⸺♡⸺

"And then she asked me whether I was reading again! I thought she would know the answer. So I just ignored her question and talked about my class" I told my mom while she was driving.

"Poor Mai..." my mother laughed a little. "Oh and I forgot to tell - I am going to work late this week because of my new project, so don't expect to be home when you come back"

"Oh, okay..." of course, I was sad about it. It was always like this.

When my dad cheated on mom 2 years ago, she would work overtime all the time. She does it even now sometimes. I know she wants good by that, but I miss her.

"I forgot to tell you! I am a class president!"

"What! That's wonderful! You suit to that role"

"Thank you... Oh, and I wanted to ask you something."

"Go ahead"

"I've been thinking if I could ask my math teacher for tutoring me - as you know, I'm terrible at it" I stated dramatically with my hand over my forehead.

"Of course, just don't overwork yourself" my mom laughed a bit.

"Alright! Oh, we're here already?" disappointment was heard in my voice, for sure.

"Have a good day!"

"You too, mom!"

Walking out of the car, for an instant moment I felt someone's presence near me so I looked around me and saw Mr. Nakamura on my left.