Chapter 7

"Hand me the salt please, Tess. Tess. Tess!" "What?" She said startled. "Please pass the salt." The brown short haired man said starring at her. He was very tall and anyone could tell training has done his body good. Looking around she was at a table apparently eating a meal with him in a cafeteria surrounded by others going on with their day without a care talking and laughing. "What's with you today you seem really on edge today something going on?" He winked at her. She couldn't help but feel jumpy like she was waiting for someone to just slap her in the face. "Just tired I guess strange dreams." She replied starring at him trying to remember his name.

"Look before I forget I looked into those numbers we found and wrote some thoughts. Figured you could check it out. The last one meet first meet me there by six tonight we'll hit that together." "Great sounds like an awesome plan.' She excused herself with the envelope in hand while he stayed eating at the table with a slight secretive smile. She opened her eyes sitting straight up taking in the room that belonged to Emmitt with the furs falling off her as she's drenched in sweat. Air, she thought, I need air. She got up quietly and grabbed her boots not wanting to wake him up. She slid out of the home and slid on her boots. Venturing to the stream that was close by to freshen herself up a bit.

She left small flowers in random places that would not be noticeable by a wonderer but for her to find her way back. It was still dark outside the morning air crisp as the sun starting to creep out. She bent herself down over the stream to start washing sweat off her face. Tess began feeling a twist in her stomach. She heard what sounded of thundering feet and people who were running they were fighting. She looked up at the wide tree behind her not enough to climb it. She ducked down to the tall bushes behind her and waited lying flat on the ground. A man came running in the clearing ahead of her and smiled his eyes were bright blue as if they there own light. A loud noise came off his ear piece. "We got one." The voice said on the other end with a loud scream coming form an unknown woman. "Return back to post." "Copy." The blue-eyed man said." I'm on my way just need to finish up the job." He turned around and stood waiting.

Three other men in different tribe attire than those who belonged with the Circles tribes came running hard and fast with weapons at the ready. "Where is she?!" The short one yelled. "What did you do to my sister you sick demons?!" The demon man himself started to smile . While the other men grew angry and shot their arrows straight through his chest. It struck him.

He smiled at the men broke it off and pulled it out as if he felt no pain, he felt nothing. "You'll need to do so much better than that." He answered humorously. Another man with red striped down his right cheek charged at the man . The demon hit him the face and then the throat when he lounged to his face again the shadow caught his hand and twisted his arm to his back breaking it while swinging himself around kicking the back of his leg snapping it straight off the bone.

The painted man screamed in pain. The shadow than snapped his neck and watched his lifeless body fall to the floor. Within seconds that man's life was over. Tessa was stuck in awe that training she knew that training but why did she know that? Another man came up to the shadow with his knife and was able to strike a few blows into him. The shadow she realized was playing with his opponent.

He pulled a knife of his own and struck his attacker in specific small places of the body and within seconds the man was struggling to keep himself standing and to raise his arms. The shadow stood over him as the tribal man hit the ground upon his knees woozy with blood. The shadow had managed to nick every artery vain in his attackers body. The shadow took his blade in his attackers throat and ripped down pass his manhood to the gap of his thighs. The last man was the same one looking for his sister.

He readied himself. They collied with each other and he managed to get the blue eyes monster down and stabbed him in the neck with three darts. The shadow kicked him into a tree where a branch pierce through his shoulder keeping him in place. He cried out in pain. Tessa couldn't take anymore cruelty. She stood up and walked out to the clearing." "HEY! Why don't you pick on someone your speed?" She lied right before the shadow could finish the man pinned to the tree. "Awe you think so lass? It's such a shame to scar such a pretty thing like you up." He teased walking away from the man in the tree and towards her.