Chapter 8

After a couple of months almost rounding a whole year they fell into a routine. "If it wasn't for Lalani this place would be heaven. Training, fresh air, hunting, good times." "She's got a lot going on use benefit of the doubt. "Jared replied back to Addie in a teasing voice. "Look um me and some of the others found some old trunks with old clothes in it from before this place turned all to crap. They were full of colors and gorgeous actually." Taking a big breath before she continued.

"There was this whiteish brownish dress that caught my eye and I brought it back. I thought after we find Tess and Julian drags his ass down here we could rope some of the others to come down for a trip and you know we could it. Settle down... and all that stuff." Addie was asking nervously her cheeks slightly turning pink as she was aware of what she was asking. "That's the second greatest thing you've ever said to me. I'm still waiting for the first but I'm in no rush." He winked.

"I'm still waiting too, ya know." She grinned. They enjoyed their moments alone until they get interrupted. "Addie you are good with interrogations yes?" "I'm second best." She gloated. "Jared you go on labor watch in the fields prisoners are digging a well and garden today need more eyes and man power. Addie there is a special job we have from you. You'll be gone most of the day. Let's get started people!" Lalani shouted through the whole barracks. "I hate that hard ass." "I don't know she could be worse." Ben said.

"They think they may have leads one on our missing and one on Tessa. Jack will be going with you. You will have a new guard prisoner was relieved of his crimes and will now serve here. Just watch yourself Addie. Lani is a changed person since being here on she was part of the rehabilitation program too. Sometimes she's hard it's almost like her soul is missing. She perks up when Jack's around though. Anyway Jared when President Rodriguez. Comes in days' time you are to be his right?" "You mean I'm to be his right until Tessa returns, right?"

"No you will be his right until she's redeemed free and goes to trial. But fear not I've already dropped all the charges. A simple testimony on file and she will be done." Ben said. "Thanks, its deeply appreciated." Jared felt excited they knew where to find Tessa area but now many actually have it. His best friend is first President to touch the ground in decades and once Ben signs his papers he is granted permission to have his own name here and marry Addie. Now he realizes Addie isn't doing this for his benefit she's just as nervous and excited as he is.

She really wanted all this and she really wanted it with him. Today's going to be a great day he thought grabbing his gear heading out to his post prisoners loved him he was just and fair just as Tessa is. Yet would not let you cross a line or tone. Some of the other guards were a little different today he sent two home. They could not stop fevering off and on, than random vomiting some were getting crashing. Hope there wasn't a flu bug going around. For a second he could have sworn their brown eyes turned bright blue.

"Jack these are dangerously close to the restricted grounds." Addie reminded him. "I didn't realize we had a camp this close Lani." Jack said in curious tone. "We don't this is just a pop-up tent." Lalani said walking up to holding it open for others to go in. "The captive is in there we believe she knows where the missing are. Don't worry she's not diseased." Lalani finished off flatly.

The other guard stayed at watch of the entrance as the others were in the tent. The young girl that was chained was the captive not much younger than Addie but still was a small age gap between them. Addie looked at Jack shocked at the sight before her. "My name is Adelyn but I like you'd to call my Addie. We will not hurt you. I would like to ask you some questions and after that I promise you I will make sure I get you home even if I have to deliver you myself."

Something about the way Addie spoke to her made her feel a little calmer. "Just to start trust every question you answer I will do something for you." Jack looked back at Addie shocked at what she just promised this captive, but still nodded his head in agreement he also felt the need to help the younger woman. "What is your name?" After much hesitation she spoke up. "Tula." Addie held a canteen of water to her mouth for her to drink. "I'm still newish to this land Tula but you are quite bit away from home correct me if I'm wrong but these lands here there not of your tribe. SO how did you get you cross two regions here alone without one scratch and not even no one noticing?"