Chapter 21

Everyone was staring at her in shock Julian and Emmitt starring at each other than at her. "Are you Tess. You need some water?" Julian asked as both men rushed up to her. "I am fine. I need to just. Would it be ok to just go have some time to myself for a little while and breath some fresh air. I will be where you can keep an eye for me. I just need a minute please. Could we also not inform any of my current status until I have time to settle in myself. No one is to know I am yet awake just yet please." Tessa asked tears silently falling as she is not able to look anyone in the eye. "You take all the time you need, sweet child. We are just glad to have you still here with us. We will call on you tomorrow. Nothing will leave this place until everything is settled." Tahlia said as each main leader gave her a hug and a kiss to the forehead. She felt thankful and lucky for a moment to have so many concerned for her.

"Emmitt will you please help her out to the lake?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper still not looking anyone in the eye. "Yes, here take it slow. You sure you're ok to move just yet. This process takes so much on one's body and soul." He asked to be sure. "I am fine I promise. Thank all of you for being in here today. I just need some time of my own peace. Thank you." She said as Emmitt took an arm around her waist making sure to be able to be her support should start to fumble. Walking out of the Circle's main hut she saw hundreds of people covering every inch of any where a person could fit including the trees. Her smile went all the way to her heart. She could feel the warmth from every person there flow through her.

"Praise the savior the only sky walker to live through the ancestor's journey." Someone yelled out as everyone stood in cheer. "Thank you for your prayers and wishes. Your friendship is surly the most valuable thing I have of my possessions. I truly will cherish it. Please go home I am well thanks to you. Just need to rest." She said smiling to all of them. Hugging and shaking hands with most people as she walked by. As she got up to the lake many of the men huddled a ways away from her to keep people away so she could rest on her own and be watched should she need help.

My whole life flashed before my eyes. The truth all laid bare in front of me. This is what I was always meant to do. I can see it all now. I just have to figure out how to make it happen. Small details to work through later with the team. I understand everything now. Funny how I didn't want to be awake before. I see why now. It should make my heart and mind be lighter and feel fuller but yet it doesn't, in fact I feel sadder and alone. I have so many more choices than I did a year ago. I don't have to be that person anymore, I can't be. I'm not her anymore. I've changed so much; I can't go back to that.

I know those important to me will understand. I know there will be conflicts. I know some may choose to walk away when this is all over, but this is the way it needs to be. This is what I want. I'm pretty sure of that any ways. I went and set a path for myself, when there was already one that was premade for me. Now I just got to make sure we finish this. Than I can worry about taking my place of where I belong once the dust has settled. She thought to herself. She sat there on a log on the bank for hours. Wind blowing all around her.

Emmitt, Julian, Addie Jared, Chloe, Enzo, Gabe, and Tuca came and brought her food and came to be around her all sitting on the logs around her facing out to the lake. "The last time I was here, I was lighting fire to Sage as she drifted off to continue her journey." Tessa said holding her dagger with Sage's name on it still putting it away to be hidden back to her lower leg. "Yeah we do miss her. Shayla growing like a weed. Filling her sisters place well." Tuca said with a sad smile. "I know it may be hard to talk about but what was it like to go through it?" Chloe asked. It was only natural for the villagers to wonder since it's been so long since anyone has done it, let alone an outsider who survived.

"It was truly an amazing experience. I met with a great man in a beautiful place. Who told me everything. Even shared some wisdom on other things. It was almost as if you could feel this very land and every soul connected to it running through the course of your vines. Like a life source being connected to everything and everyone. It was a powerful feeling. So much love and care flowing through you. If it hadn't been for the warmth that came with it, the power alone would have been a scary thing to feel. Now however that I am out of that, my body feels like it's been drug by horses all over the land and left to drown in a river full of knives, swords, and needles." She said everyone chuckling with her.