Chapter 9

Tess slept for what felt twenty minutes. It's been almost a year and what a long exhausting year it's been. Emmitt shook her awake. "Come on, let's go." He said kneeling her down beside her. "Where are you going?" "Well the since circle accepted your plan to make peace with other tribes. The other tribes are not too thrilled with to be taking combat skill lessons from a sleep walker. Who their concerned will turn into one of them. However they too see no other choice. Things may change completely around here should you decide to leave us." "You mean when I'm asked to leave the village right?" She asked, he could hear the sadness in her voice. "You need to get ready. We're meeting up with the others to set traps along the borders were going to get us a shadow and see if we can undo whatever has been done."

"Sounds like good times await." She responded lacing up her last boot. "I'll be outside." She started pulling her hair back into a high ponytail. "You know you will be asked to leave the village. You will be told the way back to your people. It is the way our treaty works. However many choose another path. This place..." Emmitt said his waving around his home. "Is not in the village boundary per say. I will not ask you to leave. You may stay here until you're ready for whatever it is you wish to do next . There's no rush." Emmitt told her full of emotion and calm.

Tessa was starring Emmitt straight in the in shock looking for any sign of lies regret for his offer but she did not find anything but truth. Making her heart swell the people in this village has been too good to her she thought. "Just think about it. It's just an idea to ease some of the stress on your shoulders. It's better to think with a clear head." "Thank you." She said still in shock and amazed.

"You would disobey an order, even though you're a second in command all for a Skylander who could be a bad person once awoken?" She asked voice sounded more breaking than she wanted. "As a future leader it is my duty to obey orders we both know this and lead the people by doing the right thing. You staying here breaks no treaty and it's the right thing not to throw a friend out in the cold with wild animals, hell even wild people. I believe down to my soul you're a good person I've had about a year to see it with my own eyes. Trust me your more like your mother than you realize. Emmitt said with a chuckle.

"We're friends?? Tessa asked with a teasing smug smile. "I'm assuming we are. Have I mislead myself?" "No sir. It actually feels a million times great just to be called a friend out loud by someone. Let's go with so much fun ahead of us." They made their way to the entrance of the home He held it open for her before she walked through it she turned to Emmitt. "You should take care of your offer to me Emmitt with such kindness as yours it's almost tempting to never leave."

They smiled and left. They spent the earlier part of the day setting traps with others from both villages some from the tribes of the circle and the other tribes. It was almost midday. Emmitt looked at Tessa "Come we gotta ride for Abriel's you're to train remember?" She was already tired and sore from the waking up process the day before.

"Oh yeah forgot about that. Cato were heading off. "Be careful now, eyes opened remember over half all territories and borders are walking mine fields now." "We're warned. She replied back in a playful low tone and a silly smile. Tess walked off to go for her jacket and other things. Emmitt was watching her from the corner of his eye as she saddled her horse and readied herself. "She is so much like her mother, yet so entirely different." Lalo said putting his hand up on Emmitt's shoulder starring at Tess with him neither man's eyes leaving her.

"I agree, even when they feel trapped their will is wild and stubborn and free mainly stubborn." "It's true kinda like a horse even with beauty and grace. It's a shame though knowing any minute she could wake up and be back in the same upside-down spiral she's in already. She must really worry about her past to be sent here the way she was. Odd isn't it I think whoever sent her did it quickly I also think they did it because they cared for her." Emmitt slowly looked at Lalo.