Chapter 23

"I'm sorry but do I know you? I mean some of this stuff is so familiar but this place. Forgive me, but I uh I don't have much memory I took a very hard hit when I crashed down here." Tessa said as she shuffled her hair around. "Are you like my healer?" She asked looking at him confused making him smile lightly. "No, I'm not a healer. I am actually in charge of this place. I do know you though. I know almost everything about you. I know about your crash. You'll soon learn to find there is very little that me or my people don't know. I want to help you Tessandra. I want to tell you the truth about all of this, here this world around you. I have waited for so long to be able to be here with you, just. Please... will you let me help you?" Amal asked in a pleading voice, with eyes that showed nothing but honesty.

"I have been here for over a year. If you are here to help me. Why did you wait so long to seek me out? I have been making great process on the treatment I have been given I think I need to stay on it. I have been told to stop mid-way through could be very harmful especially with those who are unfamiliar with it. Are you familiar with it?" Tessa asked in a nervous tone.

"We are aware of it and how it works. We are not on personal terms with it though no but don't worry some of the people I had watching over you have filled me in on your treatment and your healer. I know most of the process you have made and I am very proud of you it is known most people in your state do not get this far successfully. I have been looking everywhere for you. It wasn't until a few months ago when another pod crashed that I was able to find you. A man who obviously was not from here since he got stuck in the hunting grounds most of the other villages use. Only crazy man, or well-trained man would go through there the way he did." Amal laughed shaking his head.

"You know all about that though. Since you know him at one point you were going to share a life with the crazy man. I have heard lots of things about this man and you. Tell me Tessa will you tell me that story. We'll make it like a game. You tell me a story and I'll tell you one. Afterwards we can play twenty questions. Only rule is NO LYING. Lying will have... consequences." He said in a tone that made her skin crawl.

"Are you here to hurt me Amal?" Tessa asked looking him straight in the eye. "Never in a million years would I ever hurt you Tess. I will never let anything or anyone hurt you. I understand you have trust issues and for good reason. I understand you just met me but if you can believe anything believe that you mean a so much to me and I will kill anyone or anything that comes brings you harm." Amal said in a low passionate growl.

"What story do you want to hear?" Tessa asked in a curious tone. "I have been able to see you daily for most of your life. Even if you could not see me. I do not tell you this to scare you but just so you can understand the situation better. I have however not been able to have any type of way to check on you for the last almost year except for little whispers that flow through the lands. I has been driving my heart on the very edge of insanity so to speak not being to know if you were ok, or even alive."

"If you were hurt, hungry or cold. What those savage simple folk in those surrounding villages who are always at war with each other could be doing to you being in the middle of a battle you are to a part of in a land you don't know. It made me crazy!" He said the last part a little louder while he bent the metal frame work of the chair he was holding and standing over. I want to hear the story of what happened to you this past year, from you. No lies. I will know if you are lying to me, don't forget love I've watched you grow up." He warned sitting in a chair in front of her.

"If I tell you this story what story will you tell me?" She asked looking down at her hands than back to him. "Mine." He said flatly. "How will I know if your lying?" She asked in a nervous tone. "I will never lie to you that is a promise. I know it doesn't mean much right now since you don't know me or who I am but I swear I will never lie to you. If you want information though love, you going to have to meet me half way. Give and take. Equal partners here, yeah?" He asked looking here dead in the eye to make sure he was serious. "Ok." She took a deep breath, than looked back to him.