Chapter 3

She stretched her hands and realized she could move on what was made to be a bed she looked to see her wound was completely healed. "Don't worry, you will not scar. Your mothers salve is flawless and works quite quickly." Emmitt said cheerfully while cleaning his instruments what looked like surgical tools. "Thank you. How long was I out?" She asked stretching her still sore body with a dull ache coming in her head. "Few hours. It's nearly sunrise." He replied continuing his tasks. "The man that attacked us...?" "Yes." Emmitt said flatly. It almost felt like he was inside her head knowing what she wants to ask and beating her to it. Turning to look at her.

"You saved me, thank you. You didn't have to help me so I really appreciate it." "I owe everything to your parents. You are far more important than you even realize." Emmitt said proud fully walking over to her to take a seat next to her. His brown eyes were beautiful it's a color unlike she's ever seen or at least she thinks. They held such beauty but somehow looking into them felt spine chillingly wrong. "Shadows have blue eyes and are very skilled in combat and they have speed that can be difficult to keep up with. They are deadly dangerous." He said expressing his point of the attacker and future attackers.

"He said they've been waiting for me. What does that even mean?" "I don't know. They could have seen your vessel come or crash. There was a swarm of vessel that fell all at once. Hours after yours hit here. Luca and I went in search of them but our warriors found only one survivor there. Apparently the heartless have other plans for them since they left him behind. Melana told us they launch prisoners from your ship and they get to send a mountain that has a thing you would call a city. It's not just prisoner apparently anyone who wants to change their life to start over goes but it's mainly like a punishment from what I gather. It's like an army lives there. The prisoners are used as labor until their time for their crimes are up than they are to be pardoned and then can be a citizen."

"The goal is to make a stable place so the rest of your people could have a second home besides the huge ass ship you guys have up there. They figured after the last world war all those years ago. No one would be here. The first of your people were considered invaders to all tribes not just our five but all of them which leads to hundreds so they were banned to a section of land which turned out to be a whole mountain side with some flat areas of land around and their own area of a private lake and dam for water. They were given that section to live in peace under certain conditions that never to cross the boundaries."

"They've kept their promise but no one trusts them. They are feared to want to over throw every tribe and take over their lands. Which will always be a fear to all of us tribes it's been seen to many times by people who never left here and your people are new so more of the fear of the unknown thing." "Wow that's quite a of information for one sitting." Tessa said trying to lighten the mood. "Sadly there is much more knowledge you must obtain before you step foot out there. See your people are not our biggest problem. Even though they created them the shadows."

"The blue-eyed prisoners who if they leave and escape before your people can come collect them from the landing vessels near their limits; they turn into heartless. Heartless or Tentoria we also call them is a huge army like village who taken over a different mountain rumored to go all the way into the water underground. An alliance with the cannibals is something your parents feared your people were trying to do. Fearing another war. The Tentoria do not hold the same respect for humanity as we do let alone life. That's all we need to go to war over now." Emmitt said hoping he was making sense of the history of the past last few decades. Reaching for her hand to help her up.

"Now I think it's time for us to work on some food we got a long day ahead of us and the village is still a little way ahead. Let's get moving." "Wait, were not in the village yet? Where are we then?" Tessa asked confused. "My home. It was the safest and quickest place to take you. It is apparent others are looking for you. You're more than welcome to stay here if you so choose until you awaken. I promise no harm will fall upon you here. It may just help ease you into this new world for you without feeling to crowed by all the people."