Chapter 22

Tessa went to hep Chloe and her grandmother get somethings ready for when they would ride out. Emmitt and some of the others went to speak to his dad. "So you're saying this is close to Amal's location and this side over here is where the man hid the boxes?" Jared asked respectfully. "Yes this side would be closer to Amal's heart location. It is not as many men around it but the more this way you would go the more dangerous it will be. They will hold you captive for a while to see what use you can be for them.

Otherwise they will skin you and feed you to the cannibals on the inside. Most of them are, most of them are not but they only reward them with human to eat if they are seen as useless, or enemies. Mostly cripples, or people who no longer held honor, people who were guilty on a trail standing in front of their superiors or Amal himself. You got to choose what you ate when you pledge you allegiance to the cause. The left half of the camp at dinner time would be eating on your flesh, the right side eat animals or even the nonmeat eaters. If you have to fake being one of them make sure you stay to the right side of camp." Rylon said with a slight shake of his head.

"They trained for many different things, like we do here. They have their healers, tinkers, warriors, people who handle crops, plant, animals. They have technology like Atheo does so they have their scientist here running theories and whatever else their imaginations can twist up and create. Trust me when I tell you they have more than enough people to try them out on most are willing once they have been activated of course, than there are the fanatics that believe all on their own like your mother." Rylon snorted.

"Well sometimes all people have to do is see and they will believe." Tuca said. "That's true. If most people can see it or hear it for themselves it is seen and known as fact. The truly loyal warriors that is all they need is to see the facts, whether it is for good cause or bad cause is based on perspective of how it is shown and represented. For Ezmena it was shown as the only way to save us from whatever it is she thinks we need saving from. However the logical loyal warrior needs to understand the facts and what it means for all people as the bigger picture like us." Luca said

"Well said. Now is there anything we need to know about the building while we are working on our plans of attacks?" Malik asked looking at Rylon. "There is much you need to know. Here I have drawn it up for you. I wrote the notes you'll need, times of how long shifts last. Where the weak and strong points are everything you need is here I suggest you move quickly because that is the only speed they work at as well." Rylon said.

Everyone nodded and thanked him and made their way out of the tent. "Emmitt." Rylon called out making him turn around and come to him looking confused. "It is customary for parents to give a gift to their kids when they found life partner. I made this for you both a while back. I want you both to wear it." Rylon said as he pulled out two silver necklaces a wolf on the bottom of a crescent moon with blue gem on both they matched perfectly.

Emmitt smiled knowing how much Tessa would love this. "Thank you they look great, very detailed. She will love this thank you." Emmitt said truly touched. "There's more to those than meets the eye, it is a tracker you can find each other, Riley help with that. Also my little friend who helped keep an eye on you, can always find you he is connected to these as well. I just know what they can do, not how to do it. I am just the craftsman and Riley is the tech guy. Rylon said. "Make sure you give this to her." Rylon said looking his son in the eye. "I promise. Thank you again." Before Emmitt could walk out.

"Your mother misses you dearly. She will say and do anything she can to get you to join her fight. She will use anything she can against you to lure you into it. Don't be fooled by her words son. Even though she loves you more than anything in this world, once you refuse her on this matter she will fight you tooth and nail until she gets you to comply one way or the other. Promise you will do whatever you have to, to ensure that doesn't happen even if it's plunging a sword to her chest. No matter what happens just remember that woman is not your mother anymore, she gave up her heart to be another blind pawn in the war. Promise no matter what happens you will end this." Rylon said with authority. "I promise I will end this." Emmitt said as he walked out to find Tessa.