Chapter 2

They looked like falling stars, he has never seen so many fall at once. So many. They moved so fast but he knew he needed to be faster. Turning to look at the man next to him Luca. "We need to get to circle if we wish to get our answers from any survivors." Luca nodded. "Leave it Emmitt, it'll still be here when we return time is not our friend this evening. They left in hope in high spirits.

She awoke to the smell of something burning. She tried to listening around her as she looked around. Taking in her environment she realize she had been lying on the ground for hours by now. Hours at least it was mid-day and nothing but stone silence. This is wrong. Trying to move but pain seized her leg. She lay there trapped under a door a rod from the door pierced through the middle of her thigh. Great she thought just great I'm pinned down. Losing blood and have no idea where I am, how I got here, or what my damn name is. Get it together. A strange sense came over her. Eyes she thought. She was indeed being watched, she looked through to the bush and saw a little girl with a bow and arrow pointed straight at her.

Watching as the young girl taking in a deep breath and letting the arrow fly straight passed her head closing her eyes to open them suddenly sound of a cry falling behind her. A huge creature with two tails and four eye laying lifelessly next to her. "Thank you." She said looking back to the tiny person who was now by her side. "What is your name?" The young one hesitated but spoke. "Shayla." "Shayla, hi Shayla. You're a pretty good shot. Can I ask you for your help Shayla? Shayla nodded. "Ok, well you see my feet. Can you grab that edge of this... thing here and pull up as fast as you can?" Shayla bends down to her face." Let me see your eyes." Shayla spoke softly yet terrifying at the same time.

She opened her eyes staring straight back into Shayla's. As Shayla searched for something and looks like she did not find what she was looking for. Shayla took the top of her jacket and rolled down a little bit off the shoulder and put it back. Shayla stood up and went down to the strangers feet and did the task that was asked of her. The door was heavy but Shayla did not faulter. She felt the rod was pulled from the body. She quickly removed her belt and tightened it around her leg using smaller parts of the shattered pod around making a stint like thing to help her. "Are you ok Tessa?" Shayla asked her.

"What did you call me?" Tessa asked as she found her balance standing up. "Tessa? That's the name that is on your jacket." Shayla replied back like the stranger lost their mind. Once she heard it the name in many voices rushed through her head. "Yes, I guess that's my name. Shayla how long have you been watching me?" " Since you crashed in the middle of the night." "What were you looking for when you were inspecting me?" "To see if you were you one of them. Like the others." "What others?"

"Well the ones that have blue eyes that glow they are evil and mean. The other ones Luca says they are asleep but they seem awake to me but once Luca says they are awake they leave. But they all have two things the same." "What would that be?" "They all come from the sky and no one remembers who they are. Do you know why you are here?" Tessa looked at Shayla " No, I do not. Do a lot of people come falling out of the sky?" " I guess when you wake you'll know." It sounded so cold. The sound of the war drums was faint but close at the same time. Shayla looked up quickly to the south , or at least what she hoped was south.

Hope you can move quickly on that leg Shayla said as she came to help her throwing her arm over shoulder trying to move her along quicker. "Why is that?" Tessa asked? " Shayla what's happening?" "The war drums, there is a battle today between two tribes. The other tribe must loosing or else their scouts would not be crossing the boundary." Tessa stopped. Scout it hit her like a slap in the face. "Shayla how old are you?" "I'm thirteen years. You need to keep up come on quicker." "You're just a child and your tribe uses you as a scout?" "It is the way things work, I'm very good at what I do. I'm the fastest hunter so I am one of many scouts on war days." Tessa quickly behind her. "How can I help you?"